Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Interior reupolstering

Old 11-01-2005, 07:31 AM
G32BTurbo
Drag757.com Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G32BTurbo G32BTurbo
Default Interior reupolstering

Are there any shops that do interior reupolstering in the NRV area? My door is falling apart, my seats are ripped and my carpet is not fitting right. I dont want anything outrageous just stock colors with vinyl. Its an older car so i dont want to spend a grip load. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:32 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Interior reupolstering

You might be better off just finding an appropriate forum with similar enthusiasts and seeing if someone is parting out their interior on the cheap side. I don't think getting everything re-done will be cost effective, but that's just my opinion. Maybe someone can hook you up.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Well, like painting, when it comes to interiors, you get what you pay for.

My shop of preference is Maxey Seat Cover in Roanoke. They do all my interior work.

King's Upholstery is very good to.

Neither are cheap, however. If it were me, I'd do like Adam said and see if you can find the whole panel somewhere.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:49 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Well, like painting, when it comes to interiors, you get what you pay for.

My shop of preference is Maxey Seat Cover in Roanoke. They do all my interior work.

King's Upholstery is very good to.

Neither are cheap, however. If it were me, I'd do like Adam said and see if you can find the whole panel somewhere.
to Maxey's.. Good work, but like you said, you get what you pay for.

If all he wants is to get back to the original condition without spending boatloads of money, then getting it reupholstered will really not be an effective way to go about doing that IMO... it will look better than new, of course, but you spend an arm and a leg too. Worth it? Sometimes it's not. If that was what I was doing then I would just replace from another owners car who was parting it out. Spend a couple hundred instead of a grand.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:44 PM
G32BTurbo
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

yeah i would get parts from another car but my car is so rare that its hard to find those parts or the cars are all in the same condition as mine, old and worn out. Thanks for the input. how much would i be looking to spend for quality reupolstery? a grand?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Well, all cars are different inside, so this may not mean anything to you....

Maxey quoted me $800 (normal price is $1000, but I've known them all my life) to put leather in my car. Cover all 4 seats and all 4 door panels. Since all seats and interiors aren't the same, that price may be higher or lower than what you'd pay. But, I'd say in the neighborhood of $1000 is a safe estimate.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
boostedvenge
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

How much do you think it would cost to get 2 seats reupholstered in just black w/ red accents? My seats look like ASS and they need a good cleaning/reupholstering in the worst way. Got a number for them? I mean, I could take the seats out and bring them to them and not have to drop off the car.