Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area

Old 05-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area

I'm about to purchase a very rare set of Gotti 17 inch 2 piece wheels and I'm looking for the best place to have the centers stripped and powdercoated and the barrels stripped of remaining clearcoat then polished to mirror shine along with 60 bolts. Anyone have a great experience with one place or another? Money is not a huge issue.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 PM
連続注入
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入
Default Re: Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area

There is a place in Salem called Powdercoating. On Main street just a little ways past the State Police barracks on the left.
Did an awesome job on my pistons, I had him ceramic coat the tops.

http://www.powdercoatingandmore.com/
540-597-5632

Also if I remember right Protocol Automotive does powdercoating as well. They are in Floyd just outside of downtown on Main street as well.
http://www.protocolauto.com/

Last edited by 連続注入; 05-26-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 AM
str8jakett
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area

Can anyone else vouch for Powdercoating and More in Salem? Would like to hear some more reviews before I recommend them to a friend.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
ej1995
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

the one in Salem does some clean stuff from what i've seen. i've heard some good stuff about them from local people too. I haven't had any of my stuff done there b/c my cousin has the equipment to do it in his garage, but what i've seen from them is nice.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:04 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

I am curious to see actual work from the one in Salem, I have not been able to be by during normal hours but it looks like they have a decent setup.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:05 PM
str8jakett
Nada

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
I am curious to see actual work from the one in Salem, I have not been able to be by during normal hours but it looks like they have a decent setup.
You may soon. My friend dropped his wheel faces off today so I'll throw up some pictures here when he gets them back, or you might see them on CCVT.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Good, if their work is good I will send some down to them, we have been freaking slammed lately and it is not a very profitable venture. We mainly do it for our own production pieces and restoration works.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Not promising, sent an email with a quote request on the night of the first response with a clear and concise plan on the work I wanted to have done (even had paint numbers and reference pictures as i didn't have the wheels at the time) and have yet to receive anything back. Have since given up on the Gotti sale (seller was very rude, impatient, and really didn't seem all that set on selling them in the first place). Now looking at some OZ Vega nearby but have the same type issue, mainly need the lips polished and would prefer to do it before the tires arrive. Before anyone asks, the reason that I don't simply go in for a face to face consultation is that I do not live in Salem but it is the closest city with this type of facility and a degree of experience that I feel can be trusted with limited production, limited distribution, and borderline antique wheels (the Vega were cast in 1986, which is 5 years older than me, and really freakin old for wheels still in mint condition).
Old 05-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Vinton Fab & Welding

They have done a lot for me and do great work.

I don't have the number here with me, but if you can't find it I'll post it Monday when I back.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 AM
str8jakett
Nada

Originally Posted by 98BimmerCompact
Not promising, sent an email with a quote request on the night of the first response with a clear and concise plan on the work I wanted to have done (even had paint numbers and reference pictures as i didn't have the wheels at the time) and have yet to receive anything back. Have since given up on the Gotti sale (seller was very rude, impatient, and really didn't seem all that set on selling them in the first place). Now looking at some OZ Vega nearby but have the same type issue, mainly need the lips polished and would prefer to do it before the tires arrive. Before anyone asks, the reason that I don't simply go in for a face to face consultation is that I do not live in Salem but it is the closest city with this type of facility and a degree of experience that I feel can be trusted with limited production, limited distribution, and borderline antique wheels (the Vega were cast in 1986, which is 5 years older than me, and really freakin old for wheels still in mint condition).
Are you talking about Powdercoating and More? My friend called them up, got a quote, and dropped the wheel faces off the very next day. Judging by their website, they don't seem like too much of their business is conducted via internet.

Quick Reply: Looking for the best powdercoating place in Salem/Roanoke/Lexington area