Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

full paint and power window conversion?$?$?

Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
johnc
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johnc has disabled reputation
Default full paint and power window conversion?$?$?

How much does it cost to get a 95 civic dx 2 door painted. I mean stripped down completely to the frame, and painted ek vsm. jams, bay, everything.

+ how much does it cost to convert from roll up windows.. to power windows/power locks/auto-start? what do i need? (i guess this question is geared towards anyone who has specifically done this, on this model, that could share some knowledge about it)

as for the paint, i don't want a cheap macco deal, nor do i want to spend more than 2 grand on it, but if you know how much it costs and or know someone that can do it, (personal shops ok) let me know.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
CavemanRacing
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing
Default Re: full paint and power window conversion?$?$?

You may not want to hear this, but, it may be easier and cheaper for you to find the car in the color you want with the power options then sell your current car.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:15 AM
a11m0trwh0r3
Banned

a11m0trwh0r3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnc
How much does it cost to get a 95 civic dx 2 door painted. I mean stripped down completely to the frame, and painted ek vsm. jams, bay, everything.

+ how much does it cost to convert from roll up windows.. to power windows/power locks/auto-start? what do i need? (i guess this question is geared towards anyone who has specifically done this, on this model, that could share some knowledge about it)

as for the paint, i don't want a cheap macco deal, nor do i want to spend more than 2 grand on it, but if you know how much it costs and or know someone that can do it, (personal shops ok) let me know.
i dont see you getting a good color change paint job for 2 grand let alone for under 2 grand
Old 12-17-2007, 09:16 AM
johnc
Registered Member

Well i'm looking at a couple 95 dx's with 66k on the frame for 2 grand... one red, one black, but i want that vsm color without the bay still being... red or soemthing lol. Haven't bought either one yet. + if i want to get the doors already power i'd have to get an ex, but i don't want the sunroof.

im picky. =/
Old 12-17-2007, 09:17 AM
johnc
Registered Member

well... how much?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 AM
madsteez
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by johnc
well... how much?
id say about 3500+ for paint,depening on how much of the interior you remove in order to save a shop time.If your considering getting the engine bay pained,brace your self.Its not cheap for a shop to remove and install a motor,plus if they pull it why put in a lil dinky ass not vtec sohc?Power windows is cake work just get the guts from the junk yard,or better if your getting it painted grab the whole doors and just wire everything into your fuse box.

Last edited by madsteez; 12-17-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:29 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

a full color change, door jambs, trunk etc. depending on bodywork $3000-3500.those are our prices anyway.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 AM
madsteez
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
a full color change, door jambs, trunk etc. depending on bodywork $3000-3500.those are our prices anyway.
including engine bay?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

nope. everything but that. i guess i should call it a mostly partial color change, haha.well paint the underside of the hood. but not the engine bay itself for that price. if the motor is out than itll only be like 200 bucks more.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 12-17-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
johnc
Registered Member

what if i just bring whatever shop the car already stripped?

Quick Reply: full paint and power window conversion?$?$?