Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

rear lca question

Old 05-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken
Default rear lca question

i recently purchased some used aftermarket rear lca's for my civic. they didn't come with bolts, and i can't use the ones in my oem lca's(frozen inside the bushing) so my question is, are these the type of bolts i can buy from lowe's or autozone? if so, name and size please. thanks fellas.

and to clear any confusion, i'm talking about the ones that connect to the rear subframe and your struts/shocks
Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 AM
ChokolAwt
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt
Default Re: rear lca question

why cant you reuse them?

hammer then out with a punch or something from one side... that's what i did with mine...
Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 AM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by ChokolAwt
why cant you reuse them?

hammer then out with a punch or something from one side... that's what i did with mine...
the head of the bolt broke off
Old 05-14-2008, 05:48 AM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

common problem... someone here might pull up the Helms manual and give you the part number.... if not, the dealership should be able to help. Mine broke off too.... so I went to the yards and grabbed a set from a civic/integra.... Also, you can DL the Helms Manual fro FREE at www.hondahookup.com
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yes, get some stock bolts, don't try to use something off the shelf from somewhere else, especially not some hardware store.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Yes, get some stock bolts, don't try to use something off the shelf from somewhere else, especially not some hardware store.
i probably already know the answer to this, but to be sure, the bolts will fit aftermarket lcas w/ no problem, correct?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:09 PM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

it will fit fine... most aftermarket LCA's are direct fitment/replacement....
Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 4dr vtec
i probably already know the answer to this, but to be sure, the bolts will fit aftermarket lcas w/ no problem, correct?
If the aftermarket LCAs need different hardware than stock, they will include the necessary hardware.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If the aftermarket LCAs need different hardware than stock, they will include the necessary hardware.
only problem with that is i bought these used without any bolts. but i'll just swing by pick-n-pull before the weekend, and hope for the best
Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Honda actually redesigned the bolts so they now have a different part number than what they were a couple of years ago.

Get new bolts from Honda, they are pricey but they are SOOOO worth it. The new bolts prevent the problem.

Quick Reply: rear lca question