Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

i got pulled over today, here's wat the po po told me!!!

Old 06-25-2003, 08:40 PM
ifactor01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ifactor01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i got pulled over today, here's wat the po po told me!!!

So i was on route 1, driving my civic home from the car stereo shop. When a cop got behind me and pulled me over. Man, I thought i was screwed, cuz my car is highly illegal. All my lights are from Japan (JDM ITR headlights, JDM Altezza tails), not to mention all the other stuff in/on my car. One thing i learned is that when a cop pulls u over, take ur keys out and place both hands on the wheel with ur keys hanging from one of your hands. I dunno, its suppose to show repect to the police. Anyways after giving him my liscene and registration, he told me to get out of the car and walk around the car with him to point out all the illegal things. He busted out all the tools, he had the tint calculator and measuring stick!!!! He told me that by law the car has to be 14in from the lowest part of the bumper to the ground, mine was 10in off the ground!!! Than he asked me wat was under the hood, i popped my hood and he saw my NOS soilenoids, and asked where the bottle was, so i popped the trunk and showed him, my bottle was empty and the line was disconnected!!! Anywas after all of this, He than told me that he is part of a new unit trying to crack down on "street racers." He said that he's not accusing me of street racing but my car is the type of car that street racers drive. He was like, "You have a bigger motor, bigger radiator, NOS, intake, header, atleast you don't have an exhuast dat kills my ears." Man, i guess cops know wat is in cars now, huh??? Anyways, he said that within the next couple of weeks Fairfax County cops are gonna be pulling over cars that fit the description. The county has a 0 Tolerence rule that is effective immediatly. According to the cop, they are allowed to suspend your registration, which allows you to repair the car within 15days, and show the car to the cop again so that he can reinstate the registration, or if you fail to meet specifications he will turn the registration over to the DMV and deem the car illegal to be on the street. I tried to pull the show car line, his reply was, "you have a very nice car, its not like alot of the cars i have pulled over, but if its a show car than keep it on the trailer" Anyways I had to make an agreement with the cop, he said he can either give me tickets for everything wrong on my car, or I can allow him to take pics of the car so that he can put it in his training book to inform the other officers. Anyways i let him take the pics, and he let me go with a warning ticket for exhaust.

So the moral of hte story is, if u live in fairfax county, BE AWARE of the police, they coming after US!!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:56 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

yeah it sucks...
Old 06-25-2003, 09:18 PM
amuze
ultraspeed

amuze has disabled reputation

you got taken. the ride height law is not from the lowest part
of the bumper. think about it. go to honda and measure the
stock factory ride heights. none of them are 14 inches from the
ground to the bottom of the bumper. cops give tickets to people
because they get away with it if you don't know the law. it's really
from the bottom of your head lights or top of the bumper where
they meet. and by the way, you should have taken the tickets
instead of helping the bastards out. you're one of them
now. way to go harry. way to go.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Turbobrick
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick
Angry

What a bunch of BS, sounds like harrasment to me. Is this because FFX county has too much money or nothing better to do? You gotta give it to Fuckfax county for finding new and creative ways to waste taxpayer's money.

On another note, FFX county has an unmarked LS1 Z28 prowling the streets in the Chantilly/Centreville area. I've seen it twice over the last two weeks on 28 and 66 with cars pulled over. Its burgundy with tinted windows and factory 16 chromes.

Last edited by Turbobrick; 06-25-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:44 AM
S1L1C0N

S1L1C0N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i got pulled over today, here's wat the po po told me!!!

Originally posted by ifactor01
So i was on route 1, driving my civic home from the car stereo shop. When a cop got behind me and pulled me over. Man, I thought i was screwed, cuz my car is highly illegal. All my lights are from Japan (JDM ITR headlights, JDM Altezza tails), not to mention all the other stuff in/on my car. One thing i learned is that when a cop pulls u over, take ur keys out and place both hands on the wheel with ur keys hanging from one of your hands. I dunno, its suppose to show repect to the police. Anyways after giving him my liscene and registration, he told me to get out of the car and walk around the car with him to point out all the illegal things. He busted out all the tools, he had the tint calculator and measuring stick!!!! He told me that by law the car has to be 14in from the lowest part of the bumper to the ground, mine was 10in off the ground!!! Than he asked me wat was under the hood, i popped my hood and he saw my NOS soilenoids, and asked where the bottle was, so i popped the trunk and showed him, my bottle was empty and the line was disconnected!!! Anywas after all of this, He than told me that he is part of a new unit trying to crack down on "street racers." He said that he's not accusing me of street racing but my car is the type of car that street racers drive. He was like, "You have a bigger motor, bigger radiator, NOS, intake, header, atleast you don't have an exhuast dat kills my ears." Man, i guess cops know wat is in cars now, huh??? Anyways, he said that within the next couple of weeks Fairfax County cops are gonna be pulling over cars that fit the description. The county has a 0 Tolerence rule that is effective immediatly. According to the cop, they are allowed to suspend your registration, which allows you to repair the car within 15days, and show the car to the cop again so that he can reinstate the registration, or if you fail to meet specifications he will turn the registration over to the DMV and deem the car illegal to be on the street. I tried to pull the show car line, his reply was, "you have a very nice car, its not like alot of the cars i have pulled over, but if its a show car than keep it on the trailer" Anyways I had to make an agreement with the cop, he said he can either give me tickets for everything wrong on my car, or I can allow him to take pics of the car so that he can put it in his training book to inform the other officers. Anyways i let him take the pics, and he let me go with a warning ticket for exhaust.

So the moral of hte story is, if u live in fairfax county, BE AWARE of the police, they coming after US!!!!
By any chance was this guy Officer Coburn? Very terminatorlike, crosseyed.. whoa whoa... HARRY? lol, leavin CarTrendZ I bet, dude this is Edson =))
Old 06-26-2003, 04:05 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

'amuze' summed it up best. LOL If he took pics of my car, I woulda been taking pics of his.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Sean
Webhosting Guru

Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

§ 46.2-1063. Alteration of suspension system; bumper height limits; raising body above frame rail.

No person shall drive on a public highway any motor vehicle registered as a passenger motor vehicle if it has been modified by alteration of its altitude from the ground to the extent that its bumpers, measured to any point on the lower edge of the main horizontal bumper bar, exclusive of any bumper guards, are not within the range of fourteen inches to twenty-two inches above the ground. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, the range of bumper heights for motor vehicles bearing street rod license plates issued pursuant to § 46.2-747 shall be nine to twenty-two inches.
you were saying?

edit: linky http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+cod+46.2-1063
Old 06-26-2003, 04:40 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

WTF is a "main horizontal bumper bar"?!?!?
Old 06-26-2003, 04:48 AM
hybridreams
Go Skins!

hybridreams hybridreams hybridreams hybridreams

Originally posted by Skywalker
Yeah, what the hell is that?

This blows btw.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:38 AM
amuze
ultraspeed

amuze has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Skywalker
cross member bar. usually your headlights are right on top
of it. they measured his car from the bottom lowest part of his
bumper (lip) not the the bar. it's a scam. read what the cop told him and what the law actually states. i've had cops tell me that your not even supposed to drive in va with an altered suspension.
the law does'nt say that. my point was they will say anything
to you while giving you a ticket because they know you'll just pay it instead of going to court.

Quick Reply: i got pulled over today, here's wat the po po told me!!!