Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

opinions of the Audi TT 1.8T

Old 12-28-2003, 07:54 PM
MeanGreenGSX
INCONCEIVABLE!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all
Default opinions of the Audi TT 1.8T

What are some opinions of the Audi 1.8T TT Coupe, not intrested in the crapvertible. Anyone ever driven it, hows it respond to mods. I have driven the GTi 1.8t and was unipressed but hear they repsond failry well to mods so its the same engine right just a little higher boost or what. How wells the AWD hold up to aggresive driving and any websites around that would talk about it?? Any quirks that make it nice for its hefty price tag?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:14 PM
MIKECRX

MIKECRX is an unknown quantity at this point

I work up at Checkered Flag Audi, Porshe, Jag. Audi TT's are decent as long as you get the 225, the lower model isnt worth the time. Much better responce and the power of the thing is awsome. But if you really want a TT get the 3.2 VR6. We only have one up there, and HOLY SHIT! The AWD of the 1.8T is amazing, takeing it up the on ramp off of Lynnhaven at 50 thats a thrill, The Traction Control is okay... but as soon as it feel you start slipping you loose alot of Boost. TT's a good investment if you get the right one. 225 WHOOP WHOOP!
Old 12-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Chezkers

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

buy a 2000 Audi S4
Old 12-28-2003, 08:47 PM
MeanGreenGSX
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

im not intrested in the v6, yes out of the box its faster but the turbo i think has alot more potential. Im not really worried about how fast it is stock, more worried about the handling and durability and other factors becasue i can compensate with mods to any engine inadequecies.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:51 PM
durkster

durkster is an unknown quantity at this point

check out this guy , he probably know more answers to any TT question than I could ever hope to answer:

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/
Old 12-29-2003, 04:49 AM
Colt63t
Banned

Colt63t is an unknown quantity at this point

all you have to do is watch supr2nr tv on sunday mornings they jock the shit out of 1.8t. That is all the wack ass show seems to be about. That and stealing video of people fucking up there cars. they say that they will give you 100 buck if you send in a video and they use it on air. Never seen any video on air but I have seen DVD's wonder how much there making fucking people.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:45 AM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally posted by Chezkers
buy a 2000 Audi S4
SHut the fuck up...Hopefully I'm buying that car in the next week or so
Old 12-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Chezkers

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

Originally posted by VTECnology
SHut the fuck up...Hopefully I'm buying that car in the next week or so
haha

nice
Old 12-29-2003, 09:32 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: opinions of the Audi TT 1.8T

Originally posted by MeanGreenGSX
What are some opinions of the Audi 1.8T TT
It's a chick car man. Don't do it.

But seriously I test drove a Quattro 225 when I was shopping for a daily driver and was pretty impressed, but IMO the new ones are way overpriced as were the used ones I could find at that time so I gave up. They handle very well and the interior is sharp. Make sure you get a later model with the 6 speed and obviously the 225 quattro, the FWD TT is a waste.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:49 AM
MeanGreenGSX
INCONCEIVABLE!

Default Re: Re: opinions of the Audi TT 1.8T

Originally posted by vmspionage
Make sure you get a later model with the 6 speed and obviously the 225 quattro, the FWD TT is a waste.
im not on the market looking for one, just ideas on what a next car will be. I would never waste my time with a fwd, awd has me hooked and i cant imagine going with anything else. On ebay they are goin for under 20k for a 2000-2002's, i wouldnt spend over 20k on one used. After 20k there are other cars i would take first

Quick Reply: opinions of the Audi TT 1.8T