Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

State Inspection

Old 05-13-2004, 06:53 AM
00CivicGirl
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Inspection

Does anyone know of a place thats extremely and i mean extremely lenient?? possibly open late or on sat. mornings since i work all day during the week. anywhere from roanoke to lynchburg or in between is fine..i just need an inspection by end of may
Old 05-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: State Inspection

What is wrong with it that it won't pass? I know a place that will do it if it won't pass because of "performance upgrades", but if the car is unsafe (needs brakes/tires, etc.) they won't do it.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:28 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

prolly due to the large quantities of illegal items on her car....

with the uniqueness of that thing.............just about any inspector is stupid to put a good sticker on it.

*edit..spelling owns me*
Old 05-13-2004, 07:39 AM
stirpicult

stirpicult is on a distinguished road

what all is illegal on her car?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:04 AM
StockCar

StockCar is an unknown quantity at this point

You know that place by KMart, shit the tire place, they seem to be very cool. You could try them.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:30 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i dont remember all things on it, but if it has shaved door handles, they are illegal, and if i recal, there are several other items too.

i would not risk my liscense on a car like that. n0t knocking it, but there are some things that a inspector will let slide, and some things they cant. that is why i piss people off sometimes, they think i owe them a favor to inspect their illegal car.....

sorry...i had to rant bout that...i get people all the time that want me to let shit slide, but they dont realize its my ass if (and when ) they get caught. they dont care about that....at all.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:36 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fc735
i dont remember all things on it, but if it has shaved door handles, they are illegal, and if i recal, there are several other items too.

i would not risk my liscense on a car like that. n0t knocking it, but there are some things that a inspector will let slide, and some things they cant. that is why i piss people off sometimes, they think i owe them a favor to inspect their illegal car.....

sorry...i had to rant bout that...i get people all the time that want me to let shit slide, but they dont realize its my ass if (and when ) they get caught. they dont care about that....at all.
Yeah, no shit. I did not know that shaved door handles were illegal as long as you have two other ways to get in the car. One being a push button release for the solenoids and the second being some other from wether you can get in through your hatch or elsewhere. I learn something new everyday.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:46 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

What about emissions pieces. How come an inspector cant let say a testpipe slide? Its such a PITA to remove that thing and swap on the stock cat every year when it comes inspection time. Plus I wanna remove all the other emissions BS such as charcoal canister and EGR, but I definately dont wanna have to reinstall those later as well.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:55 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

i dont write the laws......i merely do as the booksays.

guess thats why i am an asshole

Old 05-13-2004, 02:50 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
What about emissions pieces. How come an inspector cant let say a testpipe slide? Its such a PITA to remove that thing and swap on the stock cat every year when it comes inspection time. Plus I wanna remove all the other emissions BS such as charcoal canister and EGR, but I definately dont wanna have to reinstall those later as well.
hmm...heh i have all that removed... j/c but on our 2g's is it bad that all 3 outlets on the top of our intakes are capped off for that? or should one be looped to one of the 3 like in the 1st gen?

i guess nc isnt was more lienient (sp?) than va... they never look under my car or at my exhaust or even in the engine bay.

Quick Reply: State Inspection