Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fast idle control valve and idle question.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:25 AM
8====D
Its a Man part.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fast idle control valve and idle question.

Ok so my car has been idling crazy high (4k +) ever since I put on my new intake manifold (AEBS). Ive replaced my IAC,TPS,PVC valve, Intake manifold gasket... adjusted the sqrew on the throttle body... Made sure there were no vacum lines unplugged.. basicly everything I know of to do. I also put a B20 throttle body on the car but I used the old gasket... So that maybe one thing but I doubt it could take in the air needed for the current idle.

I was told that the fast idle control valve could be removed with no problems on a B16a so thats gone.... Could that be the problem? Also I know trying another ECU is a good test but I dont have one soo. Thanks for any help in advance.

BTW- Its a 90 ef sedan with a b16a thats obd0
Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
1rude2l
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fast idle control valve and idle question.

Throttle cable too tight?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:59 PM
8====D
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Nope throttle plate is completely closed
Old 04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
pnoise_dc
Registered Member

pnoise_dc has disabled reputation

checked your map sensor and tps
Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
sleekef
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts

well if you have a b20 TB then im not sure if that would have the hole.

Look inside of the TB and plug all holes..
I know that the AEBS manifold is going to block that off..
Old 04-23-2009, 03:02 PM
8====D
Its a Man part.

Originally Posted by sleekef
well if you have a b20 TB then im not sure if that would have the hole.

Look inside of the TB and plug all holes..
I know that the AEBS manifold is going to block that off..
Wtf..... you high bro? I dont getto rigg my shit.

Also to the post about the TPS... its brand new.. map sensor is good also
Old 04-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

What did you do when you removed the fast idle valve?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
8====D
Its a Man part.

If I remember correctly (awhile ago) I just un bolted it... rederected the coolent line... and sealed the hole in the bottem of the throttle body... If I remember correctly.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Well, something is obviously letting enough air in to let it idle that high. Find the source and you've found your problem.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 AM
8====D
Its a Man part.

lol well that doesnt help... I know you have to have alot of air to create that high of an idle. Reason I posted this is because I cant find the problem.

Can a bad throttle body gasket allow for that much air to be taken in?

Quick Reply: Fast idle control valve and idle question.