Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New to Richmond from PA

Old 07-28-2013, 06:50 PM
DetectiveCoatin
Powder Coating Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin
Default New to Richmond from PA

Hey all, my name is Justin and my girlfriend and I just moved to Lakeside from PA. She's taken a job as a veterinary tech and I will be opening up my powder coating shop in Colonial Heights if I can get the rest of the zoning/code stuff done for there. Obviously I'm a car guy and coming from PA where there is no scene at all I'm definitely looking forward to all of the meets, track days, etc. Planning to have some BBQ's/meets at the shop once I'm settled in as well Currently I DD my silver B5 S4 that just got backed into by my mechanic in PA and I also have 2 DSM's but of course both are currently down. One is for my gf to learn to drive standard and have a halfway decent car and my other is my race car/weekend car that will be a while before it's done. Anyhow, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. If anyone has any recommendations of places for us to check out as noobies, we're all ears!

Old 07-29-2013, 04:29 AM
club_xcursion
secret-asian-man!!

club_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to all
Default Re: New to Richmond from PA

where do you plan on opening up shop at? I live in colonial heights
Old 07-29-2013, 05:11 AM
miata_kid
Registered Member

miata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these parts
Default New to Richmond from PA

Clean s4 man!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:45 AM
DetectiveCoatin
Powder Coating Boss

DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin DetectiveCoatin

Planning on Ruffin Mill Circle since I finally got the OK for zoning there.

Thanks man! Unfortunately it's not so clean now after the mechanic backed into it but it'll be fixed and will be getting a color change along with the wheels shortly.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:45 AM
feedthafire
Registered member

feedthafire has disabled reputation

WOW! Congrats, you must have nice capital thats nice area with large buildings. Hope the best there is lots of large scale competition around there.

Last edited by feedthafire; 07-29-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:17 AM
DetectiveCoatin
Powder Coating Boss

I'm just renting a suite that's 1500sqft for the time being. Thank you, I've been coating for 5 years so I hope the move and everything works out. I feel I bring some unique skills to the area that I haven't seen from any other shop down there. I do a lot of custom automotive/bike coating that is just too time consuming for the large shops. Anyhow don't want to get too off topic about the business since I'm not a sponsor on here yet but will be as soon as shop is settled in and you can see what I'm referring to. Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Word to the wise:

-The phrase "car scene" will get you shit on around here.
-"Meets" are not something you advertise on this site unless you want 20 different versions of white trash and hoodlife appearing at your doorstep ready to act a fool and steal shit.
-Have a thick hide, or driven will devour you with rage.

welcome to the most hateful place on earth Westboro,Islam and France have nothing on us.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:32 AM
DetectiveCoatin
Powder Coating Boss

Originally Posted by Mr White
Word to the wise:

-The phrase "car scene" will get you shit on around here.
-"Meets" are not something you advertise on this site unless you want 20 different versions of white trash and hoodlife appearing at your doorstep ready to act a fool and steal shit.
-Have a thick hide, or driven will devour you with rage.

welcome to the most hateful place on earth Westboro,Islam and France have nothing on us.
Thank you for the sound advice! I guess I have some lingo to eliminate and new ones to learn. What would proper terminology be? Car shit? Car events? As far as the "meets", good thinking. I did plan to have the shop locked up and the lot is only large enough for 20 cars or so, but I will keep it in mind when I go to consider it. Thick hide, I'm loaded in whale fat for that, good to go. Again, thanks. Coming from an area of 15,000 to an area of 1.5 million is quite the drastic change in all aspects so any little advice like that helps me relieve some potential headaches.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Well the only folks usually associated with any type of scene in these parts are the mouth breathers of the honda world which are also usually the only types who show up for meets... And prolly the most hated folks on this forum despite their overwhelming abundance.

For the most parts meet end up being discouraged on here because they only attract the slack jawed, high school drop out
"yo boys." most folks who have anything worth showing off just seem to keep it to themselves.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Yardjass
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Mr. White, I must spread rep.

OP, this gentleman could not be any more correct. If you want to hold a car meet, not only should you not advertise it on here, you should probably post about a fake one somewhere across town at the same time as yours. Be sure to call it a "meat" and make it start after noon, and the scrubs will roll hard.

Don't mind the Honda kids. The are most easily identified as the ones who can't spell or compose anything even close to resembling a proper sentence. Every week or so, some moron with a username containing "teg", "b16", "ek", "eg", "Si", "vtec" or similar, posts a stupid question that could have been easily resolved by basic use of the search feature. Try not to worry about them. They can only remember an account password for about five days, at which point they will just have to start over with an all new account. As a result, they have no power on here, and never will.

Quick Reply: New to Richmond from PA