Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need HELP with civic headlight switch.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:04 PM
DJ3W3
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3
Default Need HELP with civic headlight switch.

So i bought the car and he said the OEM headlight combo switch stopped working so he put in an aftermarket toggle switch. It's inspection time and the switch doesnt have anything for high beams well my HID kit doesnt have high beams. I need to re wire up the OEM headlight switch and get that working before i can get a new HID kit or get the OEM headlights and i need HELP A LOT of help trying to re route the wires back to the OEM switch. Here's what he did, He basically left all the wires there and re routed the current im guessing. All the OEM components for the switch and the wiring is there i just need help making the switch work again so i can move on to getting new HID's with high beams. Any help or advice is appreciated. THANKs.

Oh, and i tried searching i didnt find anything really. Need someone who can maybe come help me with it or something.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 AM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Need HELP with civic headlight switch.

You need a new switch if the old one stopped working.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:36 AM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by DJ3W3
So i bought the car and he said the OEM headlight combo switch stopped working so he put in an aftermarket toggle switch. It's inspection time and the switch doesnt have anything for high beams well my HID kit doesnt have high beams. I need to re wire up the OEM headlight switch and get that working before i can get a new HID kit or get the OEM headlights and i need HELP A LOT of help trying to re route the wires back to the OEM switch. Here's what he did, He basically left all the wires there and re routed the current im guessing. All the OEM components for the switch and the wiring is there i just need help making the switch work again so i can move on to getting new HID's with high beams. Any help or advice is appreciated. THANKs.

Oh, and i tried searching i didnt find anything really. Need someone who can maybe come help me with it or something.
Where are you located? that would be the biggest thing, no one can help you over the internet, and i'm sure no one wants to stay on the phone with you to talk you through this whole ordeal
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
DJ3W3
Registered Member

DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3 DJ3W3

i'm in Virginia beach, near indian river road i can drive the car though. The switch isnt bad i dont think but i just need it re wired and if it still doesnt work ill get a new one i just need that switch working again.