Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Auto Body Shop Horror Stories

Old 06-08-2004 | 09:03 AM
wltbblv

wltbblv has disabled reputation
Angry Auto Body Shop Horror Stories

Hey lets get everyones Auto shop horror stories here. Been ripped off? Took too long on your ride? Did a bad job or didn't fix everything?

Put it all here, so othere will know where not to go.
Old 06-08-2004 | 09:23 AM
Breezy
Registered Member

Breezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Auto Body Shop Horror Stories

Hmmmm... You registered just to find out 'bout this eh?

*okay kids, everyone gather around*
Old 06-08-2004 | 09:24 AM
Enigma

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

All very shitty.. stay away from the shop that did these.
Old 06-08-2004 | 09:29 AM
TwinSpeedSR

TwinSpeedSR has disabled reputation
Angry Re: Auto Body Shop Horror Stories

wow do I have something for this post, I drive a '91 Toyota MR2T which I had a bad instance sliding into a curb in the rain - needless to say I brought my car over to One Stop Auto over near the new walmart... I had heard they did decent body work, and the mechanical part I figured would be up to par... they had my car for over a month, which during this time I was told 2 weeks it would be done, then 2 more, then even longer. the repairs cost me close to $5,000 which included painting and mounting a new front end and rebuilding basically the entire right rear wheel assembly. when the work was finally 'done' I picked up the car with much dissapointment. They had grinded down my perfectly fine fenders to mount the brand new fiberglass front end, leaving the paint chipped and white, not doing any alterations to the kit itself to make sure it fit properly (which I payed extra $$ for... if needed be) the rear wheel that had just been rebuilt had packing grease caked on the inside of the rim. driving the car from the shop, I realize there is a slight wobble in the wheel, and the CV axel (being a mid-engine, there are CV's in the rear) was 'clicking' in reverse... well, I took the car back and said something is not right. after putting it back up on the lift, they realize they had BROKEN my CV axel on the test drive, or possibly some time prior. the car was scheduled to go back monday the following week... again needless to say I missed out on bringing my car to a long awaited car show that weekend... I called them up the following day when they said it would be done - again only to my disapointment they said "well we had to order another part, it seems as if your axel is broken....thats that noise you are hearing back there" they only ordered a boot, for some odd reason. so, I still dont have my car back - and I'm afraid to see what it looks like after they "fix" everything..... again. I guess the moral of this story is simply, dont take your car to one stop.
Old 06-08-2004 | 09:37 AM
wltbblv

wltbblv has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Un4given
Hmmmm... You registered just to find out 'bout this eh?

*okay kids, everyone gather around*

Actually I did register to find this out. Getting ready to get my Z painted and want to make sure I don't go to the wrong shop seeing as how I haven't been in this area long. Figuring a public opinion would help, as well as help others.
Old 06-08-2004 | 09:50 AM
Breezy
Registered Member

Breezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these partsBreezy is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by wltbblv
Actually I did register to find this out. Getting ready to get my Z painted and want to make sure I don't go to the wrong shop seeing as how I haven't been in this area long. Figuring a public opinion would help, as well as help others.
Hmmmm...
Well lemme inform you on my bad happenin's... Keiths Body Shop on Jefferson... Me and the pops took our Challenger there to get it painted. We completely gutted it and trailered it there for a $5000 paint job. Well after a couple months of absolutely no work, we decided to pull it outta there and take it to Goose's Autobody which did an outstanding job. Also, I wrecked my Neon and I specifically told him to keep it in a fenced in area or in the garage... Well the dipshit left it out front during the day oneday and someone threw a brick through my pass. window! Mother fucker wouldn't pay for it. So, if anyone wants to go throw a brick through his shop window I'll toss ya a few bucks. Heh.
Old 06-08-2004 | 10:08 AM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Un4given
So, if anyone wants to go throw a brick through his shop window I'll toss ya a few bucks. Heh.
Define 'few'.
Old 06-08-2004 | 11:49 AM
Enigma

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by blah
Define 'few'.
Old 06-08-2004 | 12:02 PM
To0C0oL
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

Phillips Oldsmobile is the best all around.. price, work, time etc.. they did a damn good job on my dads truck and ive heard nothing but good stuff from them.. and they just opened a brand new shop right behind the old 1 with a "manless" paint booth..
Old 06-08-2004 | 06:42 PM
NIC668
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

Dreamworks...hands Down

Quick Reply: Auto Body Shop Horror Stories