Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Engine back together w/ powdercoated goods

Old 05-20-2007, 06:01 AM
ded
slo truk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Engine back together w/ powdercoated goods

It's been back together for a lil while now, working on tuning the standalone (that is when I'm not gone for work). But here's a few pics of Jeremy's handywork. Everything came out great, thanks again bro! The bumper/grille and centercaps are at Wooding's getting painted, I'll have new pics of everything cleaned/waxed/polished when I get it all back together.

The wheels look darker in that pic than they really are, they're the same color as the rad support and intake. I still have to get couplers for the new intercooler. Also need to install the plug wire looms and reroute some cables to clean it up some more. Eventually the ugly factory harness that you see going around the valve covers will be gone, just have to take the time to cut it apart and reroute the parts I still need, but there's a whole new harness for the injectors that runs behind the fuel rails and out the back of the manifold. I'll have new pics of it all back together in a few weeks
Old 05-20-2007, 10:27 AM
MVaughn
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Engine back together w/ powdercoated goods

Sweet looking. I have always been a loyal mopar nut except the buick I own.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:34 AM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

SVTParatrooper SVTParatrooper

DAMN! Lookin' good man.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:07 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Fuckin' right doggy!

Looks great!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

awesome!can't wait to see this thing at the track!
chris
Old 05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MVaughn
Sweet looking. I have always been a loyal mopar nut except the buick I own.
Thanks. I can't blame ya on the Buick, love GN's!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:12 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by SVTParatrooper
DAMN! Lookin' good man.
Thanks man. You back in Salem now? Have you taken the L to the track yet?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:15 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Fuckin' right doggy!

Looks great!
Thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by TNGChris
awesome!can't wait to see this thing at the track!
chris
You and me both! It went 7.45@93.88 last time at NB with the wideband pegged at 10.0. Picked up around 36cfm on the new heads and have the new cam, and shaved about 75lbs off the front end. That combined with a good tune and it should pull some nice #'s. Of course now I'm gonna have it tuned in just in time for the worst racing weather LOL
Old 05-20-2007, 04:32 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by bad360rt
You and me both! It went 7.45@93.88 last time at NB with the wideband pegged at 10.0. Picked up around 36cfm on the new heads and have the new cam, and shaved about 75lbs off the front end. That combined with a good tune and it should pull some nice #'s. Of course now I'm gonna have it tuned in just in time for the worst racing weather LOL
wow!6's maybe?very impressive for a street truck.
Chris

Quick Reply: Engine back together w/ powdercoated goods