Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

oil leak and overheat.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:00 PM
dodo94integra
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dodo94integra has disabled reputation
Default oil leak and overheat.

well if i leave my car on too long it overheats or if i do donuts it also overheats could it be of the headers i just installed? and when i do donuts and stuff my oil light comes on and i look and its dry in there.? so if anyone can help me id apreciate it. and the donuts are done on a private road so dont bash me like well dont do donuts. im just havin fun.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Abysalone
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: oil leak and overheat.

You have an Integra. You cant properly do "donuts" Stop pegging the rev limiter while burning one tire around in circles. And check your coolant level too.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by Abysalone
You have an Integra. You cant properly do "donuts" Stop pegging the rev limiter while burning one tire around in circles. And check your coolant level too.
Along with what else he said that could be the reason youre overheating. Do the simple things first(bleed the system of air/change coolant if its old and nasty/thermostat/etc.)
Old 08-29-2006, 03:46 AM
Cpt. Non-Spell
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

Your coolant fans might not work either. You you have a blown headgasket because coolant just doesn't dissapear.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:40 PM
dodo94integra
Registered Member

i think i found out y it overheats. i just got headers installed and it only does it when the car is sitting still for a lil bit. the headers heat up the engine and the radiator uses the coolant to cool it and it uses it all so overheats? could that be it? and i do donuts with trays. stick trays under ur back tires and pull e-brake and have fun
Old 08-29-2006, 04:02 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

For one you have UNO HEADER!!! It's an inline 4 and theres only FOUR places for exhaust to come out. Two, putting trays under your tires and spinning is the most stupid thing ever. You don't deserve to drive if you do stupid shit like that.

Now, is your radiator fan kicking on? Do you have coolant? I'm guessing not since "your engine is using it." The motor doesn't use coolant, it circulates throughout your engine to cool it off. Your loosing it somewhere and you need to find it.

Add oil if you have none, if your car smokes then your burning oil. Add that to your oil light comming on and you beating on the car harder than a boy hitting puberty, look forwards to buying a new motor.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:21 PM
dodo94integra
Registered Member

Originally Posted by j4k3
Two, putting trays under your tires and spinning is the most stupid thing ever. You don't deserve to drive if you do stupid shit like that.

Now, is your radiator fan kicking on? Do you have coolant?

i dont care what u think about it.

and yes i have coolant i keep refilling it and and im not sure if the fan is cuttin on. if it isnt how can it be fixed?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave
blown headgasket because coolant just doesn't dissapear.
If you have to keep adding over and over check your oil to see if its "muddy". If so youve found your problem, and no the header is not your issue.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:04 PM
s13dori
Registered member

s13dori has disabled reputation

stick trays under ur back tires and pull e-brake and have fun
ghost ridin" tray slidin" dood now your one of those drifters... why do you need to pull the e-brake... not bashing i would just like to further my knowldge of Tray Sliding
Old 08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

cuz hes FWD, take half a second to think about it

Quick Reply: oil leak and overheat.