Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

99 jetta GLS 2.0L

Old 05-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default 99 jetta GLS 2.0L

how the fuck do I check my coolant? seriously. I dont see any container full of green shit at all, i thought i did, but it was just my windshield wiper fluid. I just took my car to get the oil changed at an express lube because i'm lazy and then somehow that turns into them telling me when they rev the motor, they see green shit leaking off the backside of my motor.....

but... in the last 2 months i've had the car, i have never seen any green shit in my driveway, and i just went out there, and reved the fuck out of it and didn't see any green shit dripping, so i'm thinking they were bullshitting, but I don't want to risk messing anything up by driving on it incase they weren't bullshitting, so I want to check the level of green shit

anyways, i can drive my other car around, but it's hot outside and the a/c isn't the best, so i wanna just drive the jetta, which is why i'm trying to figure this shit out right now

thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: 99 jetta GLS 2.0L

oh, and yes. i know green shit is antifreeze, i just prefer to call it green shit
Old 05-17-2008, 09:12 AM
scr8dubbn
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

i take it's a mk3 since its not a 99.5. should be a globe looking thing thats the reservoir attached to the drivers side strut tower.... vws use orange shit though... unless your cheap
Old 05-17-2008, 09:12 AM
JamesPrelude
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

Go under the car and check the piping, might be a little tried and cracked.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Originally Posted by scr8dubbn
i take it's a mk3 since its not a 99.5. should be a globe looking thing thats the reservoir attached to the drivers side strut tower.... vws use orange shit though... unless your cheap
i don't know if this helps out or not, but it has the same interior as the 2000's so it might be a 99.5

but yea, i saw a spherical thing with reddish(maybe it was orange) liquid in it. it was actually above the "max" line I beleive.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:17 AM
dave22
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
but yea, i saw a spherical thing with reddish(maybe it was orange) liquid in it. it was actually above the "max" line I beleive.
That's it.

I don't know what green shit those guys are talking about. They're probably hoping to see some green shit leaking out of your wallet.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Originally Posted by JamesPrelude
Go under the car and check the piping, might be a little tried and cracked.
ehh... i mean, i looked under the car and didn't see anything really. then again, i also didn't jack it up. I went into work this morning at 7 for about 3 1/2 hours OT and then went to the gym and lifted, and then went straight to express lube, I'm just worn out and don't feel like dealing with any of this shit right now
Old 05-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Originally Posted by dave22
That's it.

I don't know what green shit those guys are talking about. They're probably hoping to see some green shit leaking out of your wallet.
Ok, next tech talk question... How do I get in contact with a manager at a store?
Old 05-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

This ordeal happened at the Havoline Express Lube in Poquoson, VA. Incase anyone wants to know.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 AM
JamesPrelude
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

Did they say they saw green stuff, or antifreeze? Just to clear everything up. Cause like they said above, if they said it was green, it doesn't exist apparently. And small shops like that that just do fluid changes are notorious for pulling weak shit like that.

Call the store, and ask to speak to the store manager. That's how I'd do it.

Quick Reply: 99 jetta GLS 2.0L