Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Do You Race?
I Dont Race... EVER.
3.49%
ONLY At The Track... ONLY!
22.09%
Stop Light to Stop Light
27.91%
Highway or From A Roll
26.74%
Weekend Night Racing
19.77%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Racing... I do, I dont, Its Stupid, Its Fun?

Old 07-12-2003, 05:57 AM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch
Default Racing... I do, I dont, Its Stupid, Its Fun?

there seems to be a lot of discussion about racing and a poll is a good way of seeing how people feel without having to say on a public forum "i race"... inless of course you want to.

1. I dont race what so ever - you build ur car as a hobby or just for show.

2. ONLY at the track - you race legally ONLY 100% of the time. auto-x or drag. NOTHING is done on the street, no highway gear drops or light to light.

3. Stop Lights - every once and a while ill run a stop light to stop light if the road looks clear and ive got a worthy competitor.

4. Highway/From a roll - when im on the highway and someone pulls up next to me ill drop to a lower gear and see who pulls from the other

5. Night Races - on the weekends i like to get with a small group and go to a location not used by other drivers. normally in a wooded or industrial area. i make sure that everything looks as safe as possible but it is 100% illegal.

lets be honest when we vote fellas
Old 07-12-2003, 07:01 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

ok, so what if you're status contains more than one?
Old 07-12-2003, 07:08 AM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

i guess whichever one u prefer most?
Old 07-12-2003, 07:26 AM
DomokunSPL
rotary desu ne!?

DomokunSPL is an unknown quantity at this point

we set up each race seperately. so its not just a week end thing. its a sit down and discuss when where and how were gonna do it. then we meet up and go do that run.

And sometimes from a roll if the situation is ok.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:59 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

before i had raced very rarely on the street, mostly on the track, and now, im not going to race on the street at all, only on the track so all the people that want to race me, oneflyazn seems to want to really bad, and my boy grease, were only raising on the track, i need my job.....
Old 07-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Drop Top 13B
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

I DO NOT race on the street. I think the reasons are fairly obvious. Besides, my job depends on a clean driving record.

I do race on the track though, mostly autoX.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Gladimor
Jus Chillin'

Gladimor is an unknown quantity at this point

Back in NYC I had bad experiences with highway racing and racing on city streets. Mostly it was people loosing control when they hit a pothole or seam in the road, that or a car pulled out in front of them. This is why we moved out to the dock and industrial areas, they are pretty well maintained and we weren't endangering other motorist when we lost control, worst case senerio was a trip to the body shop or getting some stiches.

Just remember the worst part of street racing isn't when your wreck your car, or even getting sent to the hospital, it's when you take out that familly of five cause you decided to race before you learned how to drive.

Lates.

Last edited by Gladimor; 07-13-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:51 PM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

well...I race people on the street and highway mostly. Stoplights are too short and there are no curves. And you guys are right, its getting really dangerous (cops are fucking everywhere now) to even screw around on the highway now...fuckers
Old 07-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally posted by crxnfx
well...I race people on the street and highway mostly. Stoplights are too short and there are no curves. And you guys are right, its getting really dangerous (cops are fucking everywhere now) to even screw around on the highway now...fuckers
So you would rather race someone on the streets where there's curves? nice. That's pretty stupid
Old 07-13-2003, 01:25 PM
honey
CHEEE-EEESE

honey honey honey honey honey honey honey

i really cant say anything.. i dont even have a car to street race in.. so i wont even bother voicing my opinion.

but do you guys remember that thing that was posted a LOOONG time ago? like.. 3 people racing, somone hit a van with kids and mom and killed them..? (or something like that..)