Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

any7 one do any kart racing?

Old 01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprayedcivic has disabled reputation
Default any7 one do any kart racing?

me and my son are looking at getting into it i use to do alot when i was younger but dont know were to strt with it now adays
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 PM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: any7 one do any kart racing?

I'm heavily researching getting into Spec E30 but if cost is too prohibitive, I may check into kart racing. I'm sure there are forums for it if you look around.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

call this number...he has 3 karts and a trailer he will sell...

afaik they all run/ride...i think one is alcohol motor...has tons of tires/wheels also

dj..6606160...tell him duane told you about them..
Old 01-09-2010, 05:15 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

Originally Posted by ufctapout
I'm heavily researching getting into Spec E30 but if cost is too prohibitive, I may check into kart racing. I'm sure there are forums for it if you look around.
kart racing is probally the cheapest form of road racing there is(besides street racing) but with anything it can get expensive if you let it
Originally Posted by nftuatn
call this number...he has 3 karts and a trailer he will sell...

afaik they all run/ride...i think one is alcohol motor...has tons of tires/wheels also

dj..6606160...tell him duane told you about them..
do you know if they all are adult or kid karts or what i will pm you my email addresse i dnt want to bother him this late at night but def interested
Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I have heard of cart racing in Carolina. But I'm not sure. And before I buy anything make sure you have a legal cart for what ever run group you will be racing with. From what I've seen its going to be 3-4k to get started and goes way up from there. Plus you will have to factor in travel expenses. Good luck.

When my wife and I have kids my dad and I have already talked about getting them into racing early, boy or girl.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I'm heavily researching getting into Spec E30 but if cost is too prohibitive.
Have you driven on track yet? If not start doing HPDE events. Its a great way to learn how to drive at speed is a good fix for the go fast twitch and is a step towards racing. Start now so you can add to you driving bag o tricks so when you can afford to race you will be that much better prepared. I now can afford to race and will hope fully be thu comp school in March and racing in NASA's Honda-Challenge H2 class. Its been 4 years of HPDE's and 1 year instructing to get to this point, skill wise and $ wise.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:33 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

www.hrkc.com is the one who host all the races at langley speedway in hampton there are also races at vir and several other tracks in the area the main thing they look for is motor but if you are looking to just play you can go to ft.eustis base they have a track there and for 10-15 bucks you can bring your kart down and run on sat and sundays (it is a road course)

would be cool to get a bunch of people together and see who has the best skillz
Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by vbspec
Have you driven on track yet? If not start doing HPDE events. Its a great way to learn how to drive at speed is a good fix for the go fast twitch and is a step towards racing. Start now so you can add to you driving bag o tricks so when you can afford to race you will be that much better prepared. I now can afford to race and will hope fully be thu comp school in March and racing in NASA's Honda-Challenge H2 class. Its been 4 years of HPDE's and 1 year instructing to get to this point, skill wise and $ wise.
At this point, I think I'm going to buy an E30 and start doing HPDE events with it. As I progress through the classes, I'll start to get it up to Spec requirements. Might make it easier to handle financially too.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

At this point, I think I'm going to buy an E30 and start doing HPDE events with it. As I progress through the classes, I'll start to get it up to Spec requirements. Might make it easier to handle financially too.

Thats a very good way to go about it.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

here u go man http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1520048103.html

Quick Reply: any7 one do any kart racing?