Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car Clubs: Anyone interested in a free car show, or club meeting venue?

Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
ShadeMasters
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShadeMasters has disabled reputation
Default Car Clubs: Anyone interested in a free car show, or club meeting venue?

Hi, this is Doni from ShadeMasters Tinting. We have recently taken over the lease on the former Williams Honda/Southern Motorsport/Extreme Automotive building at 3233 W. Mercury Blvd. We now find ourselves with a monstrous parking lot, capable of holding vast amounts of cars, fully equipped with "dealership lot lighting".

It's a shame to see all this big beautiful lot sitting 90% empty most of the time. We typically use only about 10% as parking for our window tinting company, and a detailing company. The other 90% or so, could be put to much cooler use. (I'm thinking a car related get-together's need to become routine... "Jenro's" every night of the week...lol)

So, with that in mind we have decided to open the lot up as a (mostly) free venue for car enthusiasts, clubs, etc... that need a place to throw an auto related event. Weekend shows, weekly club meetings, etc... Provided of course that it does not turn into fights, trouble, and more problems than it's worth. I want no issues with the city, and the only law enforcement I want there are the ones either checking out the cool cars, or showing their own. Basically the offer is for mature adults, rather than kids looking for a place to start problems.

I say mostly free because... if I am going to be lighting up the block for hours on end in the evenings for a club show I'd like to be thrown a couple of dollars in donation towards the light bill. Daylight hours is one thing, but I'm not trying to end up with insane electric bills while just trying to be nice.

Thanks for your time.

Interested parties call Doni,
757-224-4424
Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Joker.
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.
Default Re: Car Clubs: Anyone interested in a free car show, or club meeting venue?

Originally Posted by ShadeMasters
Hi, this is Doni from ShadeMasters Tinting. We have recently taken over the lease on the former Williams Honda/Southern Motorsport/Extreme Automotive building at 3233 W. Mercury Blvd. We now find ourselves with a monstrous parking lot, capable of holding vast amounts of cars, fully equipped with "dealership lot lighting".

It's a shame to see all this big beautiful lot sitting 90% empty most of the time. We typically use only about 10% as parking for our window tinting company, and a detailing company. The other 90% or so, could be put to much cooler use. (I'm thinking a car related get-together's need to become routine... "Jenro's" every night of the week...lol)

So, with that in mind we have decided to open the lot up as a (mostly) free venue for car enthusiasts, clubs, etc... that need a place to throw an auto related event. Weekend shows, weekly club meetings, etc... Provided of course that it does not turn into fights, trouble, and more problems than it's worth. I want no issues with the city, and the only law enforcement I want there are the ones either checking out the cool cars, or showing their own. Basically the offer is for mature adults, rather than kids looking for a place to start problems.

I say mostly free because... if I am going to be lighting up the block for hours on end in the evenings for a club show I'd like to be thrown a couple of dollars in donation towards the light bill. Daylight hours is one thing, but I'm not trying to end up with insane electric bills while just trying to be nice.

Thanks for your time.

757-224-4424
first.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: Car Clubs: Anyone interested in a free car show, or club meeting venue?

Penises, the lot of you.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Atlantis
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by Joker.
first.
Legit venue and details provided. I'll give it a chance before it goes bad.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:00 PM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by ShadeMasters

Thanks for your time.

757-224-4424
LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Joker.
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by Atlantis
Legit venue and details provided. I'll give it a chance before it goes bad.
You do know what site this is right?

Please refer to the posts besides ours olo.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:07 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Well...it only has two entrances...block one off and allow traffic to come in on mercury...charge 2
$2 to show...just like the hot rod group used to do in grafton...all others can park elsewhere....the issue I see is all the idiots that leave thru the neighborhood acting like idiots....
Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

On a serious note, my Vanagon club needs a place to meet. We meet every other month and there are four of us in the group. Our club is Team VAG (Vanagons of America Group).

Could Team VAG have access to your lot?

We'll even allow photogs in there if it's worth our while. 3 of the 4 Vanagons in the club have been featured in Car and Driver, just saying. We're trying to increase membership but Ive been told the $10 yearly dues is cost-prohibitive. As far as spectators, we'd like to keep that to a minimum. If someone brushes up against my Vanagon my instincts take over and it could get ugly. So minimal spectators.

But let's make this happen. Let me know.

Team VAG awaits your response.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
ShadeMasters
Registered Member

ShadeMasters has disabled reputation

Give me call during the day if you are serious, I'm sure we can work something out, only real spectators will be those you bring, and whoever stops off of Mercury to see whatever is on display.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

those vanagon guys are serious. they take everything quite seriously.

Quick Reply: Car Clubs: Anyone interested in a free car show, or club meeting venue?