Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Registering a vehicle when the bank has the title?

Old 08-07-2010, 03:14 PM
madsteez
Ohhh Snap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez
Default Registering a vehicle when the bank has the title?

This is pretty common scenario I would believe,but both my bank and DMV aren't open until Monday and im rather impatient right now. I have a loan out on my bike from Navy Federal,in late April I broke my leg and knew I wasn't going to be riding for a few months so I canceled the insurance on it and turned in my tags. Navy Federal didn't antagonize me about this since the bike was in a safe location and clearly was not going to be ridden. Kinda the same situation for those who go out to sea and store it away in a storage.

Well I want to re-register it,but thought to my self I don't have the title. So wtf do I do?
I have the old registration but never received the title,nor even a copy of the title.

Ill clearly take the initiative to go to DMV on Monday but would rather have everything in order so I don't look like a clown.

Thanks to those who shine the smallest bit of light on this for me.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM
stock91lx

stock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Registering a vehicle when the bank has the title?

i would call them before i went and sat up the for hours
Old 08-08-2010, 07:27 AM
GrAnD NaStY
The Truth

GrAnD NaStY is a splendid one to beholdGrAnD NaStY is a splendid one to beholdGrAnD NaStY is a splendid one to beholdGrAnD NaStY is a splendid one to beholdGrAnD NaStY is a splendid one to beholdGrAnD NaStY is a splendid one to beholdGrAnD NaStY is a splendid one to behold

Yes go to the virginia dmv website and you should be able to re-register it on there. As long as you have the old registration. But check out the website it will answer your questions. Also The dmv is charging a service fee of 5$ or something for even going to the dmv building I think could be wrong thow. Something about their trying to keep down the walk-ins and just have everyone go to the website.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Ordie
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute

You dont need the title. It was already previously registered just take them your expired one.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:41 PM
madsteez
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by GrAnD NaStY
Yes go to the virginia dmv website and you should be able to re-register it on there. As long as you have the old registration. But check out the website it will answer your questions. Also The dmv is charging a service fee of 5$ or something for even going to the dmv building I think could be wrong thow. Something about their trying to keep down the walk-ins and just have everyone go to the website.
I tried that,it kept giving me a page error,im just going to try my luck with taking in my old registration and copy of my loan agreement.

Originally Posted by Ordie
You dont need the title. It was already previously registered just take them your expired one.
see above. thanks for the reply's guys
Old 09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
madsteez
Ohhh Snap

delete
Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
madsteez
Ohhh Snap

shooot mistake