Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car audio help

Old 07-21-2005, 06:09 AM
crx2sol
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crx2sol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car audio help

ground wire on my amp slipped out this am..... i went to slip it back into slot and tighten it and it popped out and sparked on metal part of amp. I've got infinity midrange up front with a kenwood amp pushing 8s. Now the front speakers and amp will not work. backs play fine. fuse in amp is ok. any suggestions??? thanks.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Voodoo ST
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: car audio help

Sounds like you sent a surge through the amp and blew the outputs for the front.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:36 AM
J-DIRTY30
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

is the kenwood amp just pushing the front or is it pushing the rear and front?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:01 AM
ToyotaTechGeek
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

or you could have sent the amp into a sort of protection mode. i've seen this a million times especially on kenwood amps.