Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jimmy @ ELD

Old 07-28-2005 | 05:55 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Thumbs up Jimmy @ ELD

I dropped in earlier with a huge wad of cash ready to buy all my carb swap parts. Rather than taking my money for parts, Jimmy took the time to try to help me figure out this idle surge problem and even gave me another throttle body to try to see if that helps the problem. I just think that's really cool that he's more interested in seeing me getting the car running right than making the money off of me and wanted to let you all know how good we've got it having a shop like that right around the corner.
Old 07-28-2005 | 06:07 PM
DSM8 U
Registered Member

DSM8 U has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jimmy @ ELD

amen to that
Old 07-28-2005 | 06:38 PM
saleen

saleen is an unknown quantity at this point

what kinda problams you having?what year car?mods?
Old 07-28-2005 | 06:56 PM
Nic
Patron

I'm pretty sure it's the throttle body. I had company when I got back to my house, but I played with the linkage on it a little and actually got the car to idle for a good 15 minutes. I came back out later though and tried to start it and the problem came right back. It's a '93 LX, original 4 cylinder car with an 88 LSC 5.0 swapped into it. I still think I want to carb the car anyway though, it's lighter, cheaper, cleaner...and new to me. I've never really messed with carbuerators (shit, I don't even know how to spell it, muchless tune one) so it'll be a learning experience. It might make things a little more fun. If I don't do that, it'll end up with a turbo on it and my wallet won't like me too much
Old 07-28-2005 | 07:03 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Jimmy is a good guy. He will take the time to bs with ya and help get you going in the right direction.

I havent fogotten ya jimmy on the clutch. Just trying to find a place down here that is reputable and I trust to install it for me as 15 hour days 6 days a week arent feasible.

BTW Jimmy I gave ya some feedback on LS1Tech for ya.
Old 07-28-2005 | 07:06 PM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy is definately a great guy. Helped me get some of the parts i need and spent alot of time helping me get the right spark plugs for my application
Old 07-28-2005 | 07:19 PM
saleen

saleen is an unknown quantity at this point

jimmy is a cool guy. i met him at the car show in chester last weekend and seems like a great guy..
nic if you want to fix what you got let me know and i can get it right for you,or if change over let me know and i can tune that for you to!
Old 07-28-2005 | 07:26 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I once saw Jimmy jump into a burning building to save a kitten.

True story.
Old 07-28-2005 | 07:28 PM
Nic
Patron

thanks mike. i'm going to pick up a tb gasket after work tomorrow and hopefully everything will be settled once i get that on. i'll definitely keep you posted.
Old 07-28-2005 | 07:29 PM
Nic
Patron

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
I once saw Jimmy jump into a burning building to save a kitten.

True story.
i heard the kitten didn't make it

Quick Reply: Jimmy @ ELD