Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

NEW to the area and forum

Old 09-04-2005, 03:32 AM
Will Sol
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default NEW to the area and forum

Hey,
Just wanted to send a post out. Im going to be comming to Va in Jan. To Langley (yes, Im Air Force). Im looking to get as much info on the area as possible and the best tracks around. I heard Langley Speedway is pretty good and they do a drag race Wednesday?

I drive a 93 Del Sol with a B18C6 motor and a few mods. Its currently in the shop getting resprayed, with new weather seals. It rains alot here in England and Im tired of getting leaked on. Im also throwing a kit on it just to enhance the looks a little more but Im not trying to rice it up. I just want a nice looking quick car.

I was wondering if it is better to register the car in another state?
My home of record is Ohio, but Im not sure how I would be able to do that, so if anyone has any more info on that also it would be really helpful.

thanks and take it easy
-Will
Old 09-04-2005, 05:13 AM
GTi-R
V8CRM8R

GTi-R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEW to the area and forum

yep...register it somewhere else. got pics of the car? don't do a kit unless it is a lip kit. you have a long way to travel to get to us. but i think you will enjoy the scene. oh yeah...bring me a real GTiR Sunny Pulsar
Old 09-04-2005, 05:25 AM
volklover
Dub driver

volklover is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome- I'm stationed at Langley too and living in Bethel manor
It doesn't matter if you want to register the car in another state unless you don't want to sport a front plate. Exhaust and tint laws are everywhere, and for tint its a safety law~ Haven't got hit YET on my Tahoe, but got 2 warnings in different states on the drive from Az to Va. And exhaust is a noise complaint depending if the cop wants to write you a ticket. But there are always ways around that
Hit me up if you need anything
www.kutsujuracing.com
This is a decent size club(family) and I was thinking about starting a VA chapter

Last edited by volklover; 09-04-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:03 AM
JKim
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by WillSol
Hey,
Just wanted to send a post out. Im going to be comming to Va in Jan. To Langley (yes, Im Air Force). Im looking to get as much info on the area as possible and the best tracks around. I heard Langley Speedway is pretty good and they do a drag race Wednesday?

I drive a 93 Del Sol with a B18C6 motor and a few mods. Its currently in the shop getting resprayed, with new weather seals. It rains alot here in England and Im tired of getting leaked on. Im also throwing a kit on it just to enhance the looks a little more but Im not trying to rice it up. I just want a nice looking quick car.

I was wondering if it is better to register the car in another state?
My home of record is Ohio, but Im not sure how I would be able to do that, so if anyone has any more info on that also it would be really helpful.

thanks and take it easy
-Will
Welcome to the area.

May i ask...did you mean b18c5?
Old 09-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

register it else where. Virginia motor vehicle laws are rediculous.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:24 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the area. I believe the c6 is the UK Type-R motor, correct? What kit did you purchase for your del sol? Shoot up some pics.

As far as Langley Speedway goes, they are a circle track. The "1 on 1 Drags" name fools everyone. I've been racing out there for a couple years now though, and it's a WHOLE lot of fun. Hit me up if you want more info.

There are 3 quarter mile strips people usually frequent, but all of them are a good distance away.

Dinwiddie (VIR)- Great track to run at, takes about 1.5 hours to get there, driving the speed limit.

Richmond- Not a bad track, but IMO the worst of the three around here. Tends to get filled with domestic rednecks rather quickly. Takes about an hours, driving the speed limit.

Bud's Creek (MIR)- This track is in Maryland, I've never made the track, but it is said to be the BEST track in the area. Everyone I know loves going there. I've been told it takes a little over 3 hours to get there.

Last edited by TPJ; 09-04-2005 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:35 AM
biggentplayer
Registered Member

biggentplayer has disabled reputation

Welcome to the dragva. Always nice to see new ppl. Laws here suck ,but we all make do. I have never seen a b18c6 in person or see what it can do. So i would like to see it in person when you get here. I would love to see some pics too.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by TPJ
Bud's Creek (MIR)- This track is in Maryland, I've never made the track, but it is said to be the BEST track in the area. Everyone I know loves going there. I've been told it takes a little over 3 hours to get there.
Great track, but a lot of people break up there. It's definetly the best prepared of the bunch. And it only takes about 2 hours to get there everytime I've been...

Welcome Will.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Will Sol
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Hey,

Thanks for all the replies everyone.
There definitely seems to be a good amount of people into motors there which is awesome. I will definitely check out everything you all mentioned.

As for my engine yes it is a B18C6 (i have pics of the block if needed) and the person that mentioned that as European spec was correct. It also comes with the limited slip with the tranny like it should.

I dont have pics of the motor in the car yet, or the car painted yet.
I will post the old pics I have and the day the motor was dropped off at the house.

The kit Im putting on is an R34 style front piece by a brtish company.
The side skirts and rear skirt are called aggressive over here but look similar to a few that I have seen before in the states. Im also running some 16inch Konig holes and they are doing some work on those too.

As soon as I have more pics I will post them. Im also going to be helping out the shop that is doing the work. They told me I could bum around and help out, so Im definitely taking advantage of that.

Their shop is www. LA-styling.co.uk and there named after the two guys that started the shop not from the city in California. I'd recommend them if you ever get stationed in England.

As for the Gti-r Pulsar,my buddy Rich has one. They are a blast, ugly as hell...but so quick off the line with the all wheel drive. They do have reliability issues and alot of times you have problems with the vacuum lines but they are a fun car.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Ghostrider
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Welcome!

Quick Reply: NEW to the area and forum