Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone ever get a ticket in this area...can i fight it?

Old 09-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Al_P
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al_P has disabled reputation
Default Anyone ever get a ticket in this area...can i fight it?

Well not much i can do as far as fight a speeding ticket as much as beg the judge to drop it haha. Heres the deal.

First of all Town i got a ticet in is like in the middle of nowhere (town of Surry in VA between richmond and NOrfolk) . I like to take route 10 when i go to Richmond to visit my familly. There is literaly like 20 houses and one sheriff. Charge is 48 in 35 ... he got me right after sign said "reduce speed ahead".

Does fact that this is a small town change anything?

I wounder if i can say i have a good drivign record being 21 with one offence 19 over 2 years ago. So i was going to tell him that this is my first time on this road and i have a good driving record and that i ask the judge to consider not putting this on my record.

Anyone think this will fly???
Old 09-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Tonka Toy
2004 Danceoff Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy
Default Re: Anyone ever get a ticket in this area...can i fight it?

So, are you saying that you want to lie in court? Since you said previously that you like to take this route to visit family. I would get my speedo calibrated to see if it is perhaps off and if not just pay the ticket.

But, you did say that he got you right after the reduced speed ahead sign. Does this mean that you were not passed the actual speed limit sign? If so, then you are still in the previous speed zone and that should be the speed that you should have been going. So, were you in a 35 mph zone or a different zone?