Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Which car would u buy

Old 09-18-2005, 05:27 PM
BahByeLS-1
All American

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BahByeLS-1 has disabled reputation
Default Which car would u buy

I'm looking to buy a new car. I own a 98' Trans Am Ws6 right now that runs like a 12.8 and I'm trying to decide between a 03',04' SVT Cobra or a 01'-03' Corvette ZO6. They both are around the same price. I would like to get some other people's opinions. Maybe some people have owned one of the two if they could tell me some positives or negatives on them. Thank
Old 09-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: Which car would u buy

ZO6 no question.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Kane
eats people

Kane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GNUsnowboarder
ZO6 no question.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:43 PM
CarsRFun
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

big difference between an 01z and an 02z
Old 09-18-2005, 08:08 PM
SinceNine19
Stock is best.

SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point

They shouldnt be the same price. Lowest I've seen an '01 Z06 for was 26,900 and that was highass mileage.

Cobras sometimes go for as low as 23-24k on some decent mileaged ones. most are 25k+ however and that's 03 models.

I have driven both cars myself and would just like to add, the Z06 will forever be in my heart. It is an unbelievable car. The Cobra didnt feel too strong actually to my surprise. Clutch is tight as shit and hurts your leg after 2 mins of driving. The shifter unless changed is awkward as hell for 99% of drivers. The interior is cheap and crap compared to the Vettes. Don't get me wrong though, Terminators look hot as balls, but after driving one and almost buying it, I'm glad I didn't and don't regret it all 6 months later.

If it was my choice, or anyone else's on this board, 9/10 people would say Z06 I'd think.

And just FYI, 2002 for the Z06 was a change of several items on that vehicle, most importantly the power rating. 2001 - 385hp, 2002-2004 405hp and the badge on the side that says 405hp I think isn't on 01's.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:14 AM
BahByeLS-1
All American

BahByeLS-1 has disabled reputation

Thanks for the helpful information. AgileSRT
Old 09-19-2005, 02:34 AM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

S2000.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

you don't deserve either of those cars. You beat the shit outta the car you own right now. And your car hasn't run a 12.8. Nice try.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Paul
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

Originally Posted by BahByeLS-1
I'm looking to buy a new car. I own a 98' Trans Am Ws6 right now that runs like a 12.8 and I'm trying to decide between a 03',04' SVT Cobra or a 01'-03' Corvette ZO6. They both are around the same price. I would like to get some other people's opinions. Maybe some people have owned one of the two if they could tell me some positives or negatives on them. Thank

Obviously the Vette.

Or as Spic said, an S2000.

Besides you are already a Chevy owner, don't domestic fans kill people who swap between Ford and Chevy?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by uopaul
Obviously the Vette.

Or as Spic said, an S2000.

Besides you are already a Chevy owner, don't domestic fans kill people who swap between Ford and Chevy?
no...
only import owners think that

I also could have sworn Pontiac made the Trans Am, not Chevrolet.

Quick Reply: Which car would u buy