Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Help Diagnosing Problem

Old 10-14-2005, 09:46 AM
jdm93civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm93civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help Diagnosing Problem

Hello all I have recently starte to hear a humming noise coming from my drivers side tire in the front from what I have been told is that is more then likely the Wheel bearing, but I would if any one hear that is a mechanic that could take a look at it and maybe drive it around. Them Hmm is causing the car to feel very loose and it gets louder the faster I go. I did check the axels but i only see that the front 2 cv boots are torn open but that has been like that for while now. If any one could help me out i would appreciate and if you could fix it I could pay you. Thank You.

1993 honda civic Dx coupe
Old 10-14-2005, 10:17 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK
Default Re: Need Help Diagnosing Problem

wheel bearing or bent rim
Old 10-14-2005, 11:07 AM
HORNY4ZORNY
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

any camber issues......i had major camber on the front wheels and i had the humming noise also and what was causing it was due to the camber it had worn out my tires so bad that the steel belts were humming.....but if its not that check the wheel bearings...jack up the car and make sure the tire is on the hub tight and wiggle it. if it moves then you have wheel bearing issues
Old 10-14-2005, 02:11 PM
jdm93civic

I see do you know what would be a good price for labor on that type of work? to replace a wheel bearing?
Old 10-15-2005, 06:03 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

My Cv axles boot was torn for a while...then it got dry cuase the boot holds the grease in to keep the axle greased.....It was making a noise...then i launched...and i spat the axle out...kinda sucked...made a crack in my fender:-/ .....It could be a variety of things...Just my thought.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 AM
minboostS13
midnight motorsports

minboostS13 has disabled reputation

sounds like a wheel bearing to me. How are your tires? Bubbles on the inside of the wheel? Shaking rattling? Braking problems? Good luck.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:26 AM
Odin
Suprize cockbag!

Odin has disabled reputation

im a mechanic - it does sound like your wheel bearings - just lift the car up with the wheel on tight and try moving it. If there if some movement then they are bad. Your local shop - idk how much they would charge but a dealership would charge you for parts and probably like 2 hours labor for each bearing you replace.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:54 AM
sucio7
import mechanic

sucio7 has disabled reputation

GO TO A SOLITAIRE STREET AND DRIVE TURN FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER IF IT COMES AND GOES YES IS UR WHEEL BEARING
IF NOT PASS U HAND ON TOP OF UR TIRE IF IF FEEL BUMPY IS UR TIRE IS "FEATHER "
Old 10-17-2005, 07:14 PM
jdm93civic

does anyone know where i can get this work done. I dont have much time or money to waist as it is my daily driver i just want to get it fixed as soon as i can
Old 10-18-2005, 04:26 AM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by jdm93civic
does anyone know where i can get this work done. I dont have much time or money to waist as it is my daily driver i just want to get it fixed as soon as i can
You're looking at 120-200 to replace the wheel bearing at least, so get out the phone book and start calling around.

and btw, you better start saving to replace those CV axles. Once the boots tear, the grease that lubricate the bearings gets flung out. Over time, the unlubed bearings start wearing the races inside out and breaking up, and it'll start clicking and it'll get progressively louder. Eventually, the axle will break, and your car won't move at all.

Quick Reply: Need Help Diagnosing Problem