Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

tips on cleaning your car:::need help

Old 04-03-2003, 10:15 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince
Question tips on cleaning your car:::need help

I want to clean my cars really good and bring out the nice finish for hte summer.

I have been reading about clay bars and what not. can someone help me what process to use and where to by my pruducts from? thanks people. =)
Old 04-03-2003, 10:23 AM
JBub
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Go for the mothers clay bar. Runs maybe 15 bucks for the claybar, and the spray on polish. Very simple to use, comes with the mothers wax also.

Just wash the car with mothers car wash, and dry completely. It doesn't matter if you have water spots or not because they will buff out.

Then you spray on the polish, rub the clay bar lightly on the surface, you'll feel the gritty shit coming off the surface of the car. The add the wax, and buff off. Cleaned extremely well. I used it the day I took the picture in my signature.

If need any help, let me know. I've got a buffer you can use.

You can get the kit from advanced auto.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:26 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

thank you for yuor help, i have a buffer but i'm not sure if its safe to use? i hear bad things about it. i used it once, but not much i was scared to put swirl marks on my car. thanks again.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:33 AM
MGBRaceman
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I always prefer a hand shine, Meguiars is awesome.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:37 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

how many cars can i do with one mothers clay bar and polish can i do?
Old 04-03-2003, 10:49 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

Originally posted by NighthawkRSX
Go for the mothers clay bar. Runs maybe 15 bucks for the claybar, and the spray on polish. Very simple to use, comes with the mothers wax also.

Just wash the car with mothers car wash, and dry completely. It doesn't matter if you have water spots or not because they will buff out.

Then you spray on the polish, rub the clay bar lightly on the surface, you'll feel the gritty shit coming off the surface of the car. The add the wax, and buff off. Cleaned extremely well. I used it the day I took the picture in my signature.

If need any help, let me know. I've got a buffer you can use.

You can get the kit from advanced auto.
found it thanks.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:52 AM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

if ur going to wax the car use ZYMOL, super easy to put on and wipe off. awsome shine, its the only thing that touches my baby.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:56 AM
JBub
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally posted by Ultraprince
how many cars can i do with one mothers clay bar and polish can i do?

maybe 2 if you conserve carefully.

and yes, I've heard good things about zymol, but no experience with it.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:58 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

i kinda just wnat to pic something up locally, and i hear good things about mothers clay bar. i'll try zymol on my truck, but i get that car care kit form the dealer for it. i'm gonna get more from them.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:00 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

holy crap...117 bucks.
http://www.zymol.com/start2.htm

Quick Reply: tips on cleaning your car:::need help