Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

exhaust wrap?

Old 11-19-2002, 05:50 PM
G32BTurbo
Drag757.com Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G32BTurbo G32BTurbo
Default exhaust wrap?

I've seen this stuff that you wrap around ur header and these header sleeve things. they say it reduces underhood temps and stuff. does this really work? does it produce some hp? is it good for turbo setups?
Old 11-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Blasphemous
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: exhaust wrap?

Originally posted by G32BTurbo
I've seen this stuff that you wrap around ur header and these header sleeve things. they say it reduces underhood temps and stuff. does this really work? does it produce some hp? is it good for turbo setups?
It keeps your exhaust from cooking everything under the hood. No horsepower gains directly... you MIGHT get 1hp from the intake tract being cooler or something. It's more for the purpose of the longevity of everything else under your hood that's plastic, rubber, etc.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:46 PM
MeanGreenGSX
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

I love my wrap, i had a problem casue my oil filter and radiator are right next to my o2 housing and wraping helped alot keeping them cooler from turbo heat
Old 11-19-2002, 07:47 PM
MeanGreenGSX
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

ps wear gloves and long sleeves stuff is as bad as insulation
Old 11-20-2002, 05:13 AM
nickyroo
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

who sells it around here?
Old 11-20-2002, 05:16 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

I'm interested too, I'm thinking about using it to stop a rattle in my exaust. One thing I've heard is some places will fail your VA state inspection if they see anything wrapped around the exaust because they'll think it's patched (which you can't do in VA). I think I'm going to do it anyway...
Old 11-20-2002, 08:59 AM
MGBRaceman
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sells

Performance unlimited sells exhaust wrap I know for sure. My intake manifold is on the same side of my cylinder head as my exhaust. Ahhhh Siamese porting. Gotta love it.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:22 AM
mpg9999

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard it can lock in moisture underneath the wrap and cause rust, but I dont have any personall experience with it.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:50 AM
Blasphemous
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by mpg9999
I have heard it can lock in moisture underneath the wrap and cause rust, but I dont have any personall experience with it.
It possibly can, but if you have SS, it won't matter that much. MS is prone to rusting more.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:11 AM
G32BTurbo
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

Whats MS?

Quick Reply: exhaust wrap?