Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

what to do?

Old 12-25-2005, 04:29 PM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation
Default what to do?

i got hit in the back of my bike by a SUV and it scuffed the edge of the exhaust and crack the front fairing and rear fairing destoryed my radiator and un alighed my ehxaust. now i really dont want the bike being repaired because i loses retail value if i do sell it later on is there anything i can do? i still owe the dealer $$ and it wasnt my fault. so her insurance is paying for everything. i was rushed to the hospital but i only got mad bruises everywhere so im ok but how should i go about it? forgot to add it is a 2005 sv650s and thats the only reason i dont want it repaired cause its brand new and now when i sell it it carrys a accident on its reccord and i wont get as much as i would if that stupid bitch didnt hit me.

i was at a stop cause couple car in front was turning left so i stoped. then i saw her coming but it looked like she was slowing down so i looked away and then BAM i flew off my bike over my sisters trunk and came to a stand still. that stupid bitch was fucking smoking and talking on the fucking phone when she hit me. got stuck in the hospital for 5 hours and it ruined my whole familys christmas eve.

Last edited by lYellowDragonl; 12-25-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:37 AM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

Default Re: what to do?

anyone?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:05 AM
lawabidn
Registered Member

lawabidn can only hope to improve

Glad to hear your OK.

as far as your situation... if her insurance company is paying of for it, you can also get depreciation (b/c of the accident). So there.... problem solved
Old 12-26-2005, 09:10 AM
R1Buttercup
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad u are okay Her insurance is already going to have a claim on it so you might as well get it fixed. If I were u, I would get a lawyer and let them get your money. I was hit before, got more than enough to fix the bike and a little extra. And dislocated my hip, went to the ER, physical therapy and ended up with over $5000 after the lawyer took out there fees. You will get your bike fixed completely and get 3 times your medical bills minus a 1/3 for lawyer fees.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:38 AM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

i really dont want it fixed because one. i lose retail value on it so i cant sell it as much and i dont really want to be dealing with it if its not balance anymore and going at high speeds? to risky for me. i owe like 8k on the bike and i deff wouldnt even get 2.5k for it now when it carrys a accident title.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:27 PM
87vert

87vert has disabled reputation

it cant be damaged that bad if they didnt total it out for ya.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Lewis
Registered Member

Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get a estimate yet? The good thing about bikes is they don't repair anything on them. They replace anything that is damaged. If you thake it to a good dealership you will never know it was wrecked.

I'm pretty sure you can't do a carfax on a bike so no problems on resale. If they total it my guess you won't get what you owe on it.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:19 PM
87vert

Originally Posted by Lewis
Did you get a estimate yet? The good thing about bikes is they don't repair anything on them. They replace anything that is damaged. If you thake it to a good dealership you will never know it was wrecked.

I'm pretty sure you can't do a carfax on a bike so no problems on resale. If they total it my guess you won't get what you owe on it.
unless it is given a salvaged title, but those are usually given one when they are totaled out and you buy them back. So as long as they dont give it a salvaged title and as long as you get it repaired somewhere decent there shouldnt be any problems.

Last edited by 87vert; 12-28-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

oh i see but i hate to have that you know? BRAND new 05 and some stupid bitch had to fuck it up!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:47 PM
87vert

Originally Posted by lYellowDragonl
oh i see but i hate to have that you know? BRAND new 05 and some stupid bitch had to fuck it up!
okay then try to get the insurance company to total it out for you. try to get some estimates that are more than 50% the cost of the bike and they should total it out, then you should be able to buy it back at about 10% of the cost of the bike, get it fixed and still make money.