Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

...and another problem..

Old 01-25-2006, 07:11 AM
GaRn
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default ...and another problem..

Just to document how horribly unreliable Preludes are, my distributor is going bad now as well, the frickin bearing is rattling.. new one on the way, don't want it to seize up

Damn thing is an endless money pit.. besides that its running good for once

94silude, have you had many problems yet?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:59 AM
SpoolnSRT4
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: ...and another problem..

Sorry to hear about your luck I still like your car and set-up
Old 01-25-2006, 08:11 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I thought Honda's never had any problems whatsoever?

Not starting to start WW3 with the Honda kids, but they're really just like any other car. Even if it's well maintained, you're still going to experience problems sometime or another... Just like any other car on the road. They all have problems. If they didn't have problems, they'd cost more initially to purchase at the dealership.

...unfortunately no one sells the "perfect" car.

Good luck with your troubles GaRn. At least it's sort of minor.. sort of.. right?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:26 AM
soon2b
Registered Member

soon2b has disabled reputation

i have been thru 4 distributers on my h22. 2 stock honda ones, a morosso one, and the one that has lasted the longest on mine a distributor kings one. The distributor kings was way less expensive than the rest of them and has lasted the longest one mine...Just lettin you know my experience i hope it works out well for you
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 AM
akalei
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

I had a 93 Prelude- owned for 2 years w/ 160k + miles, only problem I ever had was the ignition control module went out on er. That was interesting, as it decided to go kaput while I was stopped in the middle of an intersection w/ three mustangs lined up next to and behind e. LOL. It scared the shit out of me. But other then that, I really miss that car sometimes. It was my first "real" baby, in terms of cars.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:27 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I thought Honda's never had any problems whatsoever?

Not starting to start WW3 with the Honda kids, but they're really just like any other car. Even if it's well maintained, you're still going to experience problems sometime or another... Just like any other car on the road. They all have problems. If they didn't have problems, they'd cost more initially to purchase at the dealership.

...unfortunately no one sells the "perfect" car.

Good luck with your troubles GaRn. At least it's sort of minor.. sort of.. right?
Haha yea thats what I thought! No, I really think it is a H series motor thing or somethin.. my dad had a 89 accord with like 180k miles or so, thing was awesome, 32+ mpg, not a damn problem, EVER..

It's minor as long as it doesn't decide to seize up on me by the time I get home!

Originally Posted by soon2b
i have been thru 4 distributers on my h22. 2 stock honda ones, a morosso one, and the one that has lasted the longest on mine a distributor kings one. The distributor kings was way less expensive than the rest of them and has lasted the longest one mine...Just lettin you know my experience i hope it works out well for you
thats good to hear because thats the distributor I bought
Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 PM
AMDxp2000
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Told you...grocery getter........
Old 01-25-2006, 12:16 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

What's a distributor?
Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
Told you...grocery getter........

I know which one you can fit more groceries in.. and then I know which grocery getter I'd be more ashamed of owning--and it's not the Prelude.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:18 PM
94silude
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GaRn
94silude, have you had many problems yet?
nope

well, i take that back.

the 1st month i had it a small coolent hose busted. but that wasn't a big deal. i was able to get it home and get it fixed.

it hates cold mornings. it'll start just fine, but i gotta give it gas for about 15 seconds or it'll die...no biggie.

the heat just stopped working, i think i screwed up the control cable...haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

and the last thing, dude that had it before me lowered it w/ springs on the stock struts, so they are now blown. (BTW, any recommendations?)

all in all i haven't had any problems...since the start of september.

Quick Reply: ...and another problem..