Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

snowboarding..

Old 02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
drifterXXX
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these parts
Default snowboarding..

has anyone been sking/snowboarding in the last week, or two ?

what resorts/slopes have the best conditions right now ?

i`m talking about anywhere in NOVA / WV / PA / NY region.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3
Default Re: snowboarding..

i just went this past weekend at winter green, not sure exactly where that is though. it was my first time snowboarding so im not sure how conditions are supposed to be but there deffinitly was a lot of snow. my girlfriends dad said sat. night it was great out there but i dunno, i spend most of the time sliding down the hell on my ass
Old 02-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Keepin it Klean
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

do what everyone else does and check each resort's website for weather and slope conditions.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM
drifterXXX
Registered member

drifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these partsdrifterXXX is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Keepin it Klean
do what everyone else does and check each resort's website for weather and slope conditions.
yeah i`ve been doing that... that is a long process when your looking for good conditions in the whole NE of the US. and a lot of the places i`ve called .. there answer is " we make snow.." and sometimes thats not what you want to hear.

so, anyone been that can tell me first hand ?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Keepin it Klean
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

It was a cold weekend, and I'm sure most of the resorts got some snow...they will tell you they make snow, but it's not always like they say..

Your best bet is either Snowshoe in WV or 7 Springs in PA..They have the best conditions and riding out of the places you listed.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:45 PM
drifterXXX
Registered member

ddouble post.

Last edited by drifterXXX; 02-13-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Keepin it Klean
Clean Freak.

Read above

gg for your double post..
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM
CRXtacy
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all

snowshoe!!!!!! after going there i wont even bother with massenutten or wintergreen. Hands down the best place around here to go. i went to snowshoe 2 times this year and it kicked ass like always. Wintergreen and massenutten and wintergreen were almost shut down a month ago because of the weather. Im going again saturday.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:26 PM
drifterXXX
Registered member

Originally Posted by CRXtacy
snowshoe!!!!!! after going there i wont even bother with massenutten or wintergreen. Hands down the best place around here to go. i went to snowshoe 2 times this year and it kicked ass like always. Wintergreen and massenutten and wintergreen were almost shut down a month ago because of the weather. Im going again saturday.
thats what i wanted to see !!!!!! thank you !!
Old 02-14-2006, 02:01 PM
1evilgs
Pong It Up Bitches

1evilgs is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to massanutten during the storm this past weekend I thought it was pretty decent because of the fresh snow fall , I had been there the week b4 the storm the slopes weren't as good because everything had been melting. I've heard nothing but good things about snowshoe just havent had a chance to get up there