Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need SR help

Old 03-02-2006 | 11:57 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default I need SR help

Im writing this on behalf of my cousin...
Chris did the swap but he cant come this weekend and my cousin kinda needs his car up and running since this is his primary mode of transport.

So here is the situation.

Car runs and revs to redline..but sometimes it wont go past 2200rpm (common MAF problem on SR) But the problem here is it does drive and run to redline..this just happens after a few minutes of driving. When u restart th ecar its back to normal and redlines ect...then it starts acting up again.

I need to know if anyone is familiar with this and if they can fix it or diagnose it. He is a bit desperate so he would be willing to compensate your for your time if you resolve the problem

Thanks
Terry
Old 03-02-2006 | 10:16 PM
LOCO
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I need SR help

well seeing as how when u cut the car off and restart it the problem gos away, I would have to say its an electrical problem.
whats it doing when it gets to 2200rpms?? does it sit there or cut back, rev up, cut back kinda thing. could be a crank sensor problem. could be the comp. I would have to look at it in person
Old 03-02-2006 | 10:21 PM
SLOW S14
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14

maybe its the ignitor.....after driving for a bit it heats up and won't work properly...try replacing the ignitor.(it sends the signal for the coils to give spark.)

is it the exact same rpm that it won't rev to..or does it jump around a bit...
Old 03-03-2006 | 07:22 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by NTSO EZZ
maybe its the ignitor.....after driving for a bit it heats up and won't work properly...try replacing the ignitor.(it sends the signal for the coils to give spark.)

thanks for the help..but does that really sound liek igniter?
Old 03-03-2006 | 08:16 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

it goes to the exact same rpm btw
Old 03-03-2006 | 09:51 AM
SLOW S14
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14

talked to pat he said it could be something with maf going bad
Old 03-03-2006 | 10:09 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

talked to pat he said it could be something with maf going bad
ok but if were the maf it would run at all...it runs for 5 minutes then acts like it has a maf problem
Old 03-03-2006 | 12:39 PM
SLOW S14
Luis

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
ok but if were the maf it would run at all...it runs for 5 minutes then acts like it has a maf problem
it can still run with a bad maf..it just won't rev past a certain rpm.
Old 03-03-2006 | 12:57 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

it can still run with a bad maf..it just won't rev past a certain rpm.
yes but it will go up to redline for a good 5 minutes then it starts getting stuck. If it was a bad MAF it would never redline
Old 03-03-2006 | 01:27 PM
JJSpinALot
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

is it after 5 min. or is it when it warms up. how close is the car to the hull and genito area? ill look at it tomarrow. ill pm you my number.