Notices
757 On Track OnTrack is VADriven's political action arm. OnTrack is aimed at community supported opportunities for auto enthusiasts to meet, hang out, and race legally. This is NOT solely directed to building a track, but a wide array of solutions.

10 on our side

Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Hatch Man(GsR)
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default 10 on our side

Wavy news has done a nice job at showing our side of the story, unlike 3 and 13. Wavy has asked me to relay to this forum that they are still trying to help find a solution to our problem of not having a place to meet and not having a place to race. They have asked their chopper pilot John Massey, and the chopper videographer, Tom Marks, to keep an eye out for a suitable unused airstrip or stretch of abandoned road. They have also told me that they have gotten calls from a couple of sympathetic viewers who have said they may be able to help get us a place to meet.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
BanzaiWRX
AWD > you

BanzaiWRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 10 on our side

cool.

now we just have to keep the asswads out.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:41 PM
1foxbody
Stock Block Killaa

1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody

Originally Posted by BanzaiWRX
cool.

now we just have to keep the asswads out.
yup
Old 03-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

sweet
Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 PM
spidsta
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta

wow
Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 PM
elambz
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by Hatch Man(GsR)
to keep an eye out for a suitable unused airstrip or stretch of abandoned road.
This isn't gonna help. We don't need to find places to race, we need a place to hang out. Finding us a place to race is promoting street racing. What they need to do is help us get a track. A REAL track. I don't think anyone here is asking for some over the top track, just a place where people can race legally. I can't imagine paving over an abandoned airstrip would be that big of a cost to the city, when the potential for a street racing accident could be a lot more costly.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Hatch Man(GsR)
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Thats what they are trying to help us get started. The land does not need to have a huge facility on it to be used as a track, as long as the air strip is unused the land could be leased or bought for us to use as a track. If there is an abandoned road it can be used as a track. All the aspects, legal and otherwise can be worked out after we find a suitable strip.

But the main problem we have is finding a suitable place. In any case, they will have a much better view of the area from the air so maybe they will be able to find something.

As for a place to meet, I am sure we may be able to do that way before there is a place to run around here. But if we do get a place where we can meet then you need to follow the rules while you are there and if you want to run somebody then you'd better not do it anywhere near the spot where we meet...
Old 03-06-2006, 11:43 PM
soulDistortion
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

so... who remembers 757ontrack?

yeah.

this is pipe-dream stuff, unfortunately.

finding a suitable place isn't the problem, it's the red-tape that comes after it.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Hatch Man(GsR)
I drive a coupe

We are not talking about building a motorsports park here. I dont see how thats a pipe dream, if somebody privately owns land that has an airstrip on it that is no longer used it would not be difficult to lease the land and sign waivers whenever we want to use it. I dont see this as a pipe dream because this is a very small scale deal compared to what has been proposed before...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:05 AM
soulDistortion
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Here's the thing: for you to be able to have a "meet" spot, asides from the obvious things like finding a place and getting permission, would be showing to the owner of the land that it is worth the risk of letting people be there.

Things would go fine for a short time, until it starts getting known. And then what? Unless you can assure and show to the authorities, as well the owner, that you can maintain control of anyone on the property at all times, the risk far outweighs the rewards. Also, you can't even let people allude to the idea that people are going to go off on their own and race afterwards, because that's plenty of reason for officials to put unwanted pressure on the meet organizers.

IIRC, the owner of the AMES lot didn't mind people hanging out on the property, so as long as they kept it clean. As soon that incident happened, his insurance skyrocketed because of the liability, and everyone got permanently kicked out.

Don't take my comments as me flat-out dismissing your idea. I do applaud the effort. However, having seen this idea kicked around for a few years with no real success, I'm just stating the type of crap you'll have to deal with in making this happen.

You guys are going to have to find a major financial backer to float the costs of both land usage and insurance.

Quick Reply: 10 on our side