Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS-T for road course

Old 04-20-2006 | 09:20 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default LS-T for road course

I want to set my car up for VIR and keep boost. What do you all recommend as far as a build up?
Old 04-20-2006 | 09:44 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: LS-T for road course

You want to keep boost?

http://www.grid.co.jp/en/prod/prod1.htm
Old 04-20-2006 | 09:45 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

I meant my current setup plus a build up.

I don't want an all motor setup unless I really have to do it.
Old 04-20-2006 | 10:03 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

if you want to do it, sell the turbo kit and get a vtec head and go N/A...turbo road corse honda's only last about 8-9hrs total before they blow,im speaking on ITR's at that, LS with there weaker rod's i would say 6-7 hrs on a road corse before it blows
Old 04-20-2006 | 10:04 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

This is the sole reason why im not rushing to put my turbo kit on. im trying to hit VIR/Summit and its not gonna happen when the turbo goes on.
Old 04-20-2006 | 10:06 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

Originally Posted by EEK
if you want to do it, sell the turbo kit and get a vtec head and go N/A...turbo road corse honda's only last about 8-9hrs total before they blow,im speaking on ITR's at that, LS with there weaker rod's i would say 6-7 hrs on a road corse before it blows
Ok. Well give me some options on a build up of a LS/VTEC. I just got into honda I don't know shit about builds.
Old 04-20-2006 | 10:10 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Originally Posted by BMC
Ok. Well give me some options on a build up of a LS/VTEC. I just got into honda I don't know shit about builds.
honestly it depends how far you wanna get into the whole road racing aspects, if you do normal HPDE racing you can have a built motor, but from what i understand once you get into H2/H4 racing cars have to be almost stock motor wise.

i would say..get JDM itr pistons/ and stock itr head/ a good header (dtr,smsp, hytech) and exhaust (smsp, kteller)
then the normal injectors, hondata.etc..
you prolly dyno 190's/130's which will be what you need and still put you into the low 13's
Old 04-20-2006 | 10:14 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

Originally Posted by EEK
honestly it depends how far you wanna get into the whole road racing aspects, if you do normal HPDE racing you can have a built motor, but from what i understand once you get into H2/H4 racing cars have to be almost stock motor wise.

i would say..get JDM itr pistons/ and stock itr head/ a good header (dtr,smsp, hytech) and exhaust (smsp, kteller)
then the normal injectors, hondata.etc..
you prolly dyno 190's/130's which will be what you need and still put you into the low 13's
I see. I will look around and see what I find. It all depends on how much money I will spend on all of that.