Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

TPS

Old 04-27-2006, 07:33 PM
BigHead Ted
PandaMania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts
Default TPS

Well my check engine light came on agian for the xecond time in the last 3 months. Last itme it was because the TPS, but i had them clear the code. well after about 3 months it popped on agian. I beleve it is for the same thing. The car will start to drop in idel and buck alittle while stopped. Is this the tps or could it be because I have a snorkle? I have had the snorkle on there for about 5 months. Im probly gonna replace the tps tommorrow but was just wondering if it was the tps or the snorkle causeing this problem. I have a 2002 tj automatic with 48000 miles on it.

this is the code it is throwing. Code 123 = Throttle position sensor voltage high
Old 04-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: TPS

TPS reports

hahaha fucking office space, sorry ted
Old 04-27-2006, 07:59 PM
crvtt717
Banned

crvtt717 is an unknown quantity at this point

my car did the same thing- idle funny and kind of accelerate funny on low end. It was the TPS sensor in my case.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Your intake has nothing to do with the TPS sensor voltage, you most likely have a bad TPS problem. The voltage is only affected by the throttle plate angle that the TPS is reading, so if it's out of spec the TPS is either bad or adjusted improperly, or the TPS reference from the ECU is bad. I would really doubt you have a wiring or ECU problem on the car with only 48k on it, so I'm leaning torward a junk sensor. The intake would only potentially affect your MAF or MAP sensor because of the difference in air flow and velocity, but this is rare (unless you have a Subaru)
But no, this has nothing to do with your "snorkle".. I love that word.. lol

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-27-2006 at 08:27 PM.