Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Well here we go...

Old 04-28-2006 | 08:02 PM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum
Default Well here we go...

I rode my friends bike today, did very well and got a decent feel for the bike at low speeds. AND IM HOOKED BIG TIME! haha it's everything i've expected and more, i loved the feeling of riding. Right now i'm looking at a used black and red 04 R6 for my first bike (ive been looking for months and months for a decent deal) and if i do get this, expect to see me out riding within a few weeks of owning it. anyway i just thought i would post about it since im bored now. Cya soon
Old 04-28-2006 | 08:19 PM
Rich
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: Well here we go...

Glad you enjoyed it Larry. Please check out the Motorcycle Safety Course........you will learn more in a weekend than you could imagine.
Old 04-28-2006 | 08:27 PM
(F-)
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

yep, then give me a call, we'll ride
Old 04-28-2006 | 08:39 PM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

yeah i plan on doing the MSF, but i have to sign up and wait a few months prolly till i can get in
Old 04-29-2006 | 12:06 AM
Real Random
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Yeah iwant to retake the course myself, unless i could find my old paperwork. That course was fun; especially when you enter the class knowing jack crap then graduate top of class with 100/100...
Old 04-29-2006 | 02:43 AM
zx636skiv

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the addiction!!!

The R6 is a nice bike, but for my 2 cents, I would suggest a Ninja 500 or an SV650...both are excellent beginner bikes. The SV has enough power that you will be happy with it for years...the Ninja is a little on the smaller side, but builds confidence quickly, and it will hold a decent resale so in a year or so when you want to move up, you won't get raped on it!

And of course if you stay with the idea of the R6, just remember, you only go as fast as you twist...so take your time learning. And when riding with others, please remember that it isn't a race on the street, so take your time. I don't know how many new riders I have seen miss turns and go in ditches because that thought they could keep up with faster, more experienced, riders...ride your own ride and pace.

And once again, welcome to the sport...I can't imagine not owning a bike or two anymore!!!
Old 04-29-2006 | 05:05 AM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
The R6 is a nice bike, but for my 2 cents, I would suggest a Ninja 500 or an SV650...both are excellent beginner bikes. The SV has enough power that you will be happy with it for years...the Ninja is a little on the smaller side, but builds confidence quickly, and it will hold a decent resale so in a year or so when you want to move up, you won't get raped on it!
I agree with the above SV650 comments. You can pick up a used one and ride it for the summer and sell it for right around what you paid for it. If you hold onto it til the next season, I doubt you'd loose much, if any money.

A newish 600cc sportbike can be a handfull for someone with little to no expierence. They can get you into trouble quick. If you're deadset on something like the R6, look into an older one and ride it for a season. You'll be much more confident when you throw your leg over the newer R6.
Old 04-29-2006 | 12:59 PM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

yeah, im a pretty fast learner when it comes to things and i have alot of self control believe it or not haha.. either way on monday im getting the R6, i went and got a new helmet for it today. about to sign up for the MSF course, i cant wait to get started.
Old 04-29-2006 | 01:12 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

good deal man, if you want some pointers on the msf, lemme know. jeff knows how to get ahold of me.

have fun with that r6, just be carefull, and you'll be straight.
Old 04-29-2006 | 01:37 PM
Victum
boom tick boom tick

thanks steve, nice meeting you the other day... im gonna need a new rear tire on it sooner or later so i was wondering if you could do that stuff for me? pm me price or something i dunno.