Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Reckless Ticket. Fauquier County.

Old 04-29-2006 | 04:19 PM
Paul
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Reckless Ticket. Fauquier County.

Well, I made a bad mistake on my latest vacation. Coming home from Pennsylvania I was driving through Fauquier county, the speed limits on the road I was on fluctuated between 65 and 35 MPH. I had just come out of WV where all the speed limits where 70.

Whelp, coasting downhill I pass a state trooper.

81 in a 45. Reckless.

I am 31, and have not had a moving violation in more then 10 years. Anyone know what I can expect?
Old 04-29-2006 | 04:22 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default Re: Reckless Ticket. Fauquier County.

From what I've heard that Fauquier county court system isn't nearly as tough as Fairfax.

I have a friend who lives there, and I think he got a reckless change a couple of years ago. I'll ask him about it and get back to you.
Old 05-11-2006 | 09:05 PM
goinfromslow
Registered Member

goinfromslow has disabled reputation

They have police in Fauquier? I have never even seen one.
Old 05-11-2006 | 09:19 PM
Moriar
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

I reccomend Lawyering up. THis will help u in the long run since this ticket can end up makin u pay extra 1000's of dollars for a few years for insurance.
Old 05-12-2006 | 03:45 AM
MAD_DOHC
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Moriar
I reccomend Lawyering up. THis will help u in the long run since this ticket can end up makin u pay extra 1000's of dollars for a few years for insurance.
He's 31 so I don't think his insurance will go up thousands of dollars for just this. If he were younger, then yes. It will go up some though.

I would normally say just got at it on your own, but this may be one of those times a lawyer wouldn't hurt. I don't think you should worry about your license being suspended, just a bunch of fines. Look into taking the driver improvement class too. Shows you have initiative at least.
Old 05-12-2006 | 05:22 AM
Paul
I love WaWa

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
He's 31 so I don't think his insurance will go up thousands of dollars for just this. If he were younger, then yes. It will go up some though.

I would normally say just got at it on your own, but this may be one of those times a lawyer wouldn't hurt. I don't think you should worry about your license being suspended, just a bunch of fines. Look into taking the driver improvement class too. Shows you have initiative at least.

I have gotten a copy of my drivers record. Showing 5+ points. No accidents, no moving violations in 11 years. I am going to go, wear a suit, be polite and cooperative and ask for leniency. I can automatically be granted an appeal if I do not like the outcome and hire a lawyer. I am hoping to get the charge reduced or dropped based on my driving history.
Old 05-12-2006 | 12:40 PM
ToyRolla
JT9-D

ToyRolla has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by goinfromslow
They have police in Fauquier? I have never even seen one.
I was in Warrention on Weds. There were cops all-over the place surprisingly. Especially on 211.
Old 05-13-2006 | 07:48 AM
akalei
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

fauqier's bad...were you on 29?
Old 05-13-2006 | 02:15 PM
Paul
I love WaWa

Originally Posted by akalei
fauqier's bad...were you on 29?

On 17, just outside of West Virginia. The road alternated between 75 and 45 mph.
Old 06-27-2006 | 04:30 AM
Paul
I love WaWa

Well, verdict came in.

Guilty of reckless. Fined $250.00, -6 points on my license. Told I should take a driver improvement course. So +5 to -1, for a downhill coast.

Anyway, my take on this town is that it is totally set up to give out tickets. Warrenton, every street fluctuates speed limits on a block by block basis, from 55 mph - 35 mph and back again. Parking on the streets was 2 hours this block, 1 hour next block, 2 hours the block after that, and they had people actively walking around checking tires. Fucking little towns with no tourism to make real money.

Quick Reply: Reckless Ticket. Fauquier County.