Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Regional forum question.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:40 AM
IRR0MPIBLE
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation
Default Regional forum question.

Why are D.C. and Maryland included in the NOVA forum but Northeastern NC is not included in the 757 forum? the state line (chesapeake) is like 12 minutes from my house.

Last edited by IRR0MPIBLE; 05-12-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:53 PM
IRR0MPIBLE
Registered Member

Default Re: Regional forum question.

sung? anyone?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:18 PM
murphy660
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

because this is a VA forum, even thought theres quite a few NC people here
Old 05-13-2006, 05:28 PM
IRR0MPIBLE
Registered Member

Originally Posted by murphy660
because this is a VA forum, even thought theres quite a few NC people here
since when are d.c. and maryland part of va?
Old 05-13-2006, 05:41 PM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

where does it say northeastern nc isnt part of the 757 forum?

all it says is "The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here."
Old 05-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Boxer4PSI
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Since I lived in Northeastern NC for five years, I can see where you are coming from with this, as I was always in Hampton Roads doing things even though I lived in the Outer Banks.

I will post in the appropriate place and see what everyone's thoughts are on renaming the 757 section to something along the lines of "757/252". The reason that it has not been done yet is because in the past there hasn't been a sizable amount of people posting here who lived in NE NC. Since a lot of 757 people have headed that way, maybe things will change.

As far as NOVA getting renamed to what it was, it was because there was ALOT of people posting in there (myself included) who were not from NOVA and not living in NOVA (while I don't live there, I do goto GMU full-time and work in NOVA). We were all from MD mostly, with some DC. Since the MD car scene is all messed up when it comes to connections and who is doing what, we all came over to DragVA to see what is going on. And to be honest, the NOVA car scene really defines the DC area car scene.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:43 PM
MerF
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I wish more of the MD crowd would get some traffic going in dragMD...that poor forum is all but dead.

Sorry for the off-topic.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:45 PM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

My question is, why does matter that Northeastern NC/252 isn't listed? Are they roaming the boards, trying to find a place to post, or do they already post in the 757 forums? I know in the case of the NoVA/DC/MD area, that's what it's commonly referred to other than its more appropriate name, DC Metro.

In the end, I don't think the name on the the 757 regional forum would keep someone from participating, but that's just my two cents.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:08 AM
IRR0MPIBLE
Registered Member

It's really not a big deal. It's just a simple observation I made. I'm not trying to start a big "add NC to the 757 forum title" movement or anything. I was just curious as to what made DC and MD get named in the NOVA forum title. you make a good point, Tim, in saying that the name shouldn't prevent people from posting....but, the same could be said for the nova forum....having the forum titled 'NOVA' shouldn't prevent DC and MD people from posting in it...but, either way, it's not that serious...someone close this.

Last edited by IRR0MPIBLE; 05-14-2006 at 03:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:35 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Oh yeah, I understand. That's what I was trying to say with the DC Metro thing. They would still know where to post, even if it didn't specifically say "NoVA, MD," etc. I was just trying to say that I didn't think the title meant too much.