Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

University of MD show

Old 05-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker
Default University of MD show

Was anybody else there?

This was a very cool event. Probably 200+ cars of all types; very little rice. Awesome environment (lots of chicas!). Everybody was very friendly. Even at the dyno, I didn't hear one person hating on any car! People were very supportive and appreciative. It was the way all auto performance events should be. Met some cool ass people there. The race scene in Maryland is no joke.

My average on the dyno came out to 276HP and 307TQ. Still trying to figure that one out; I don't think dude's math skills were up to par.

My one truly accurate run resulted in:
Max POWER = 269.9 HP
Max TORQUE = 265.1 ft/lbs

It was tricky since my car is automatic, and the tranny is unlike any other on a Z. After some playing around, we figured that I had to get all the way up to 70MPH before flooring it to prevent downshifting.

Nice flat torque curve. I am very satisfied; did better than what we were expecting.

If they have another event, I suggest local peeps check it out. It wasn't a very far drive IMO; but NoVA heads are lazy when it comes to driving.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:42 PM
ZoomZoomH
spin baby spin

ZoomZoomH is an unknown quantity at this point

I went but didn't see your car (I don't think I did...)

here are some pics I took...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290230921
Old 05-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
I went but didn't see your car (I don't think I did...)
It was parked at the dyno spot from 1-5. I was # 12, when I got threre they were only on #2.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:42 AM
BKS_SC2

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

i went. i also saw you go on the dyno. it was a really good event overall. I was impressed.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Originally posted by BKS_SC2
i went. i also saw you go on the dyno. it was a really good event overall. I was impressed.
Me too. I'll have to check back for future shows. I had a good time. The guy that helped me on the dyno was cool; but the guy taking the readings was a dipshit. My graph readings don't match the measurements on the sides of the printout. I guess you get what you pay for. If you see me out again, come say wassup. I do it all the time...."are you so-and-so from drag? Cool...I'm Skywalker..."
Old 05-05-2003, 11:36 AM
ZoomZoomH
spin baby spin

ZoomZoomH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Skywalker
It was parked at the dyno spot from 1-5. I was # 12, when I got threre they were only on #2.
ah ok, i only took a peek at the dyno station, didn't stay long enough to notice the cars parked around it.

I spent most of the time at the main lot being hypnotized by the spinning rims on that Celica

bling bling bling.....