Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Question: Disturbing the peace in Norfolk

Old 06-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Paul
I love WaWa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Question: Disturbing the peace in Norfolk

Apparently my party on Saturday night after harbor fest was too loud and too late. Around 3 a.m. three, count them three, Norfolk police officers decided to drop by on my inebriated ass in order to yell at me and give me a disturbing the peace ticket.

Anyone ever gotten one of these in Norfolk before? 3 of the people who were at the party said they have gotten the same ticket for the same thing and the judge threw it out every time and just told them to shut up. But those were all over in Hampton.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:34 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Question: Disturbing the peace in Norfolk

Depends on the neighborhood. Given where you live, you're probably going to have to pay.

Usually, if you're partying past the noise ordinance hour (which I believe is 11PM on weekends in Norfolk) and your neighbors aren't partying with you, you're going to get a ticket.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Paul
I love WaWa

I figure I am going to have to pay something, I am just nervous as to how much. If it is $50.00 ok, I can deal with that. If it is $300.00 I am going to be very sad. I am also pissed about the fact that I am going to have a misdemeanor on my record.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:43 AM
g S x
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

it cant be that much
Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Disturbing the peace tickets are handed out as a "you pissed me off when I showed up to ask you to keep it quiet" ticket. Cops have bully egos, if you just say your please and thank-yous, they feel all big and tough, then leave you alone.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:40 AM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

LOL im close with a lot of norfolk cops and i bet they took full advantage of you being drunk.what were the officers names
Old 06-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Mongoose87
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

Fuck tha Police... I had a police oficer come to a house party I had and when I told him to get bent he told me he was going to write tickets for all the cars that were parked on the street. The street mind you was on private property and not maintained by the state. If you piss them off they will find SOMETHING to cite you for.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Paul
I love WaWa

Originally Posted by j4k3
LOL im close with a lot of norfolk cops and i bet they took full advantage of you being drunk.what were the officers names
They didn't take advantage of me, its not like I was sloppy drunk. I was perfectly able to maintain a conversation with them. It was apparently the third time they had been there that night. They had talked to me earlier, and we quieted down. Then I talked to them around that time again, they talked to someone else at the party in between. I don't know their names off the top of my head, but they were not vindictive they just told me, "This is the third time we have gotten a complaint tonight, we are writing you this ticket for blah blah blah..." I was guilty, I admit it we were being loud. I just want to know if anyone has dealt with it before so I can get an idea of what to expect.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Ok, so they came by 3 times after warning each time. Gotcha. No way to get out of that in court. If they had to show up a 4th time, am sure it would be difficult to answer that to the sergeant on duty.

Call up the clerk and see how much it would be to prepay. Seems worthwhile to just fork over the loot instead of missing work.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Paul
I love WaWa

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Ok, so they came by 3 times after warning each time. Gotcha. No way to get out of that in court. If they had to show up a 4th time, am sure it would be difficult to answer that to the sergeant on duty.

Call up the clerk and see how much it would be to prepay. Seems worthwhile to just fork over the loot instead of missing work.

Came a total of 3 times. I think I have to go to court no matter what because its a misdemeanor.