Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

shitty radio reception?

Old 06-29-2006, 09:52 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default shitty radio reception?

My radio reception in my daily beater is sucking hardcore. My dad's car, parked next to mine, can get a lot more stations, and way clearer than mine. I tried playing with the cable from the antenna, and it didn't make any difference, except the obvious loss of signal when I unplugged it from the radio.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:18 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: shitty radio reception?

come on, with all the fuckin ricers on this board there's gotta be some car audio guy that can give me some ideas of shit to check.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Boxer4PSI
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Is your antenna shaved and embedded into the rear window?? That may have something to do with it.

Also, different radios have different sensitivity towards picking up radio stations. Has this observation between your dad's vehicle and your own vehicle been a long-term observation, or has your radio performance just started decreasing recently?
Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI
Is your antenna shaved and embedded into the rear window?? That may have something to do with it.

Also, different radios have different sensitivity towards picking up radio stations. Has this observation between your dad's vehicle and your own vehicle been a long-term observation, or has your radio performance just started decreasing recently?
well I never really thought about it much until the last few months, had a couple instances where I drove my dad's car for a bit and I noticed his reception was much better than mine. Not sure if it's gotten worse over time (i think it has) or not. the antenna is the stock antenna. my beater is a 91 AWD talon, NOT the car in my sig (my weekend car). the other talon has no antenna at all, so i can't compare there. The radio in the car is 6 years old so it wouldn't surprise me too much if there was some issue with it. Everything seems fine and connected in the back where the cable meets the antenna as well, I have checked.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:10 AM
EH3_SOHC
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

try to listen to some of the clear channel stations...z104 is one of them, if that station comes in pretty good but others dont then the problem is in the radio it just has weak reception, that happens over the years with any radio tho, not so much stock ones but more aftermarkets
Old 07-01-2006, 08:51 AM
scr8dubbn
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

antenna booster
Old 07-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally Posted by scr8dubbn
antenna booster
LOL.

Radio sensitivity has gone down, time for a new one bud. Better grounding might help in the meantime. Strip back the shielding at either end of the coax and solder it to a ground lead.