Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Illegal exhaust questions.... got a ticket

Old 07-25-2006, 01:20 PM
blazinsi
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blazinsi will become famous soon enough
Default Illegal exhaust questions.... got a ticket

I just got pulled over today on the highway. The officer said he heard my exhaust when I passed. (bull shit)

I have the apexi n1 full catback on a non turbo supra. IMO its not loud at all. On
the ticket he wrote under LAW SECTION 46.2-1047 which states

It shall be unlawful to sell or offer for sale any (i) muffler without interior baffle plates or other effective muffling device or (ii) gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate on the highways in the Commonwealth a motor vehicle equipped with a gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust.

Is there any shops where they test the decibel of your exhaust? Im not taking the exhaust off. Is it worth to fight this ticket or just pay it?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:21 PM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R
Default Re: Illegal exhaust questions.... got a ticket

anything not stock is considered illegal. it doesn't matter if you don't think it's loud...so you might as well just pay it b/c there is nothing you can do (unless you go to court and show the judge a picture of your car with stock exhaust and tell him/her that you put it back to stock).
Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 PM
bZeRk187
Registered member

bZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by blazinsi
I just got pulled over today on the highway. The officer said he heard my exhaust when I passed. (bull shit)

I have the apexi n1 full catback on a non turbo supra. IMO its not loud at all. On

It shall be unlawful to sell or offer for sale any (i) muffler without interior baffle plates or other effective muffling device or (ii) gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate on the highways in the Commonwealth a motor vehicle equipped with a gutted muffler, muffler cutout, or straight exhaust.

Is there any shops where they test the decibel of your exhaust? Im not taking the exhaust off. Is it worth to fight this ticket or just pay it?
Then go ahead and prepay the ticket
Old 07-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Jason R
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

just pay the ticket its not worth fighting.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:31 PM
....AJ....
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

yup. pay up. Price you pay for modding cars in VA.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:33 PM
J. O. BUDS
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

Originally Posted by Assassin
yup. pay up. Price you pay for modding imports in VA.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
blazinsi
Registered Member

Damn commonwealth state.. anyone know how much exhaust tickets are? I also got a window tint ticket, Im thinking about pulling it off bc its old and ugly lol. I should be able to get that dropped.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:45 PM
The_rabbit1
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

you said yourself it was an apexi muffler which has no baffle and the law stated you need a baffled muffler. so you broke the law. your befudlement in wondering why you have to pay a ticket. is astonishing. pay the ticket or ask the judge whether you deserve more to fully understand.

Last edited by The_rabbit1; 07-26-2006 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 PM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Damn commonwealth state.. anyone know how much exhaust tickets are? I also got a window tint ticket, Im thinking about pulling it off bc its old and ugly lol. I should be able to get that dropped.
you can pay the ticket online and it will tell you how much it is there. i'm thinking it's about $80ish. my tint ticket was $76
Old 07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
blazinsi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
you said yourself it was an apexi muffler which has no baffle and the law stated you need a baffled muffler. so you broke the law. your stupidity in asking is astonishing. pay the ticket or ask the judge whether you deserve more to fully understand.

thanks for the answering the question smart ass but this is a question for the central peeps

Quick Reply: Illegal exhaust questions.... got a ticket