Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

anyone in the crim justice field

Old 08-07-2006, 03:01 PM
ken
UTRASP33D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken
Default anyone in the crim justice field

finished with my AA and BA kinda playing the field of options, wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions, or knew anyone who could help in finding a descent field of work. thanks all
Old 08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
hornetsnest
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone in the crim justice field

Congrats...

BA in Criminal Justice gives you a ton of opertunities as long as your record is clean.

1. Military Officer
2. Government Agency (FBI,CIA,DEA,etc)
3. City/County/State Police

What are you interested in doing down the road???
Old 08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
ken
UTRASP33D

i working on getting my dcjs now, but i want to work in juvenile probation... maybe even parole. thanks for the congrats... didnt think it wold ever end
Old 08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
hornetsnest
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ken
i working on getting my dcjs now, but i want to work in juvenile probation... maybe even parole. thanks for the congrats... didnt think it wold ever end
Don't know if you wanna go that route, but maybe some time working as a Sheriff's Deputy in the jail systems and courthouses may give you some needed experience for that kind of work.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:48 AM
ultravietnam
Ultraspeed

ultravietnam has disabled reputation

thats cool, ken. I didnt know you were studying in that field. Shit, i probably did but forgot.

When did you finish?

-Khoi
Old 08-08-2006, 08:36 AM
whiteWRXtasy
Registered member

whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts

i'm a Political Science major with a focus in Justice Studies at CNU and right now i'm interning with DHS and the Inspector General

i was talking to an agent in my office the other day and he was telling me that Customs and Border Patrol are hiring 8,000 people before 2008 so you could definitely jump on that...the pay starting out is in the high $40,000 range and then after training it goes up...check out their website and it will give you specifics, otherwise check out www.usajobs.gov . they have listing for all open jobs in the federal government. also, check out being a a Forest Park Ranger, Secret Service, Immigration Customs Enforcement, DEA, CIA, FBI, ATF, all that good stuff...basically you need to get your foot in the door and then work your way up the system...if you need anymore info just pm me and i'll help you out.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:50 AM
ken
UTRASP33D

Originally Posted by 99vicEX
i'm a Political Science major with a focus in Justice Studies at CNU and right now i'm interning with DHS and the Inspector General

i was talking to an agent in my office the other day and he was telling me that Customs and Border Patrol are hiring 8,000 people before 2008 so you could definitely jump on that...the pay starting out is in the high $40,000 range and then after training it goes up...check out their website and it will give you specifics, otherwise check out www.usajobs.gov . they have listing for all open jobs in the federal government. also, check out being a a Forest Park Ranger, Secret Service, Immigration Customs Enforcement, DEA, CIA, FBI, ATF, all that good stuff...basically you need to get your foot in the door and then work your way up the system...if you need anymore info just pm me and i'll help you out.

thanks alot, i actually took the customs test two months ago. i already past the prescreening and did well on the test. passing is 70 and i scored an 89. now all im waiting is the advance backround check and my final test in dulles. with customs you never know how long the wait will be.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
whiteWRXtasy
Registered member

whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts

yeaht that's the truth...customs is sometimes a bitch. it's still a decent job though and you work that for like 5-10 years and then you can move to another agency and become a special agent and get to the GS-13 level and make your six figure salary