Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Seeking someone for sway bar install/tab reinforcement in NoVa, Va, or Md area

Old 08-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Solomediag
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solomediag has disabled reputation
Default Seeking someone for sway bar install/tab reinforcement in NoVa, Va, or Md area

Hi, everybody. In case I have to look a little farther than the NoVa, thought I'd toss a line out here as well.

I'm looking for anybody with the facilities and know-how to perfrom an anti-sway bar installation on my Tiburon and beef up the strut mounting tabs with some light welding. A lot of people have had trouble with them snapping under the stress of a heavier bar, and I don't want to leave that to chance.

I have the steel plates for the tabs and the Progressive anti-sway bar, just need someone to do the work.

Now, for those unfamiliar with this operation, the welding is on the tabs, not on the struts themselves, but they should be covered with towels to ensure they don't heat up. Now, to do that, the struts need to be removed, so I need somone with that capability.

If you can do the work or know someone who can let me know via PM or email, and, if you can, give me an idea how much you'd want for the work.

Thanks. Hope to hear from you. This may well be the last major thing I do to my car. I did make myself do the strut braces myself, after never having done anything like that, but this I definitely need help with.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 PM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking someone for sway bar install/tab reinforcement in NoVa, Va, or Md area

pmed
Old 09-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Solomediag
Registered Member

Default Re: Seeking someone for sway bar install/tab reinforcement in NoVa, Va, or Md area

BUMP
Old 09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
00civichatch
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

wow this is some expensive work for a tiburon. what all is done to this car???
Old 09-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Solomediag
Registered Member

Well, it shouldn't be THAT expensive. Toughest thing about the work is having to remove the struts so the minor welding can be done. If it weren't for those tabs being prone to go snap (even on Tiburons with aftermarket struts) I'd have put the bar in months ago. I've had the plates that were made for the job which only cost me a few dollars. I had all the shocks and struts replaced with aftermarket on my last car, and had the front strut bar installed and that work wasn't terribly expensive.

It's just an '03 GT that I loaded with strut bars right now since I haven't been able to get anyone to do the anti-sway bar yet. The suspensions were plenty firm in that first year, just could use reductions in body roll and understeer.