Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

body lifts

Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
puffdepyropunk
dudeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
puffdepyropunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default body lifts

i have heard from some people that they arent good for trucks. im not sure of the exact reasons why or why not but i was wondering if this is true, or just peoples opinions. thanks
Old 08-16-2006, 03:41 AM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Default Re: body lifts

Its mostly just opinions. Alot of people dont trust em because if you exert a lot of lateral force you can break the bolts that are holding the body to the frame. The chances of that happening though arent very good. I have a 3" body and a 6" sys. on my truck and dont have any problems.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:05 AM
05chevyyy
Registered Member

05chevyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by 05chevyyy; 11-11-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:21 AM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

I have no idea what your talking about man.

Doing a body lift does not in any way effect towing. All your doing is lifting the body off the frame. Tow hitches are attached to the frame. The suspension does not need to be touched. Explain to me who a body lift will affect towing though cause Id really like to know.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:24 AM
DeezUU
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

That's horse puckey ! A body lift has absolutely nothing to do with towing ability UNLESS you are towing from a body mounted bumper . You aren't altering anything other than the height of the body .

Here's the dilly >

If you get in an accident , your body WILL shift more than if you didn't have a BL . It may also possibly break the mount bolts due to them being 3inches longer . My opinions on BLs are ( and that's all you'll ever get is worthless opinions ) if you wreck hard enough to break body bolts through a body lift > you'da prolly broke em without . Some people don't like em casue you can see the frame and sometimes the gap between the body and frame but if you're just doin it to rock some bigger tyres and don't care too much about changing off-road ability > I say go for it ! I've always used a SL/BL combo ( except for now cause XJs are unibodies ) and have NEVER had a problem . Another great benefit of a BL is you don't lose that nice factory ride . You may want to step up to bigger shocks if you're gonna run a heavier tyre but it's usually not mandatory .

Pretty much > if they were that unsafe , they would be outlawed . The aren't legal over 3"s but anything 3" or less is completly safe .
Old 08-16-2006, 07:24 AM
ChevyMudtruck
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

I got a body lift on my truck to .. just don't like it much because of the gab between the frame and body . . . and never reloacted my bumpers . . . also they are right about the body moving in an impact . . . as some people know I hit a pole getting pulled from a hole and it pushed my bed into the cab and left 2 dents . . . . .of course it didn't help my tail gate any either . . lol . .pushed the bumper into the bed but took and winched that out . . ain't much help for the tailgate though

Last edited by ChevyMudtruck; 08-16-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:30 AM
DeezUU
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

Nonsense ! That's a purdy tailgate !!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 AM
puffdepyropunk
dudeman

puffdepyropunk is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i was thinkin of doing a 3 inch suspension and a 2 inch body lift. any recommendation on a tacoma?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by puffdepyropunk
yea i was thinkin of doing a 3 inch suspension and a 2 inch body lift. any recommendation on a tacoma?
SAS, 7inch suspension,35x14x15 Boggers,5:29's, and weld the front/rear ... call it a day
Old 08-16-2006, 12:44 PM
ChevyMudtruck
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

supertaco on here as a tacoma with 3 inch susp. lift and 33's and jason (wutsup) or something like that got a 3 inch suspenetion . and 3 inch body and running 33x14 boggers

Quick Reply: body lifts