Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need advice on some dealerships.

Old 09-24-2006 | 11:12 AM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default Need advice on some dealerships.

Ok here's the deal. My fiance bought an 04 Xterra 6 months ago. She paid for an extended warranty (100K miles on top of what it had on it, so basically 158K mile warranty), paid to have it Dupot Stain Mastered in and out, undercoat, the works. The truck is immaculate and has one dent on the entire thing. She owes 18K on it and knows that she's gonna have to eat a little on a trade-in. We went to Greenbrier VW (mind you this is her SECOND car from there, so she's a repeat customer) and they tried to hit her in the head with 8K negative equity. I've seen these trucks with the same mileage being sold for 18-19K, so fuck them. I know that's how dealerships work, but damn you'd think they'd look out for a repeat customer.

Anyways do any of you have any recommendations for dealers that give decent money for trade-ins? I'd appreciate it. And before anyone wants to say "Yeah you get screwed on trade-in's blah blah" Yeah I know that, but I also know that some dealerships offer better money than others and I know someone out there has some recommendations
Old 09-24-2006 | 11:23 AM
99formulam6
its not a trans am..

99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6
Default Re: Need advice on some dealerships.

i say burn it and get the insurance money...

but what kind of vehicle is she looking to get in to? My buddy Sean(has 99 NBM SS) works at a Dodge/Chrystler/Jeep dealer. So if she's looking for something like that...you could try going to his place.
Old 09-24-2006 | 11:24 AM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Well, she should be able to sell back the remaining warranty to get some of that back. Usually you can. Other than that you might want to try one of those places that will buy your car like drivetime.. Or just go place to place. Good luck
Old 09-24-2006 | 11:25 AM
ritz
Patron

Like I told Chad (Black Nugget) she wanted a new Rabbit, but she's open to other cars as long as she likes them. It's just something that we'd have to go look at.
Old 09-24-2006 | 11:25 AM
ritz
Patron

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
Well, she should be able to sell back the remaining warranty to get some of that back. Usually you can. Other than that you might want to try one of those places that will buy your car like drivetime.. Or just go place to place. Good luck
That's not a bad idea actually.
Old 09-24-2006 | 12:32 PM
sucio7
import mechanic

sucio7 has disabled reputation

i say try to sell it and just go apply for a new loan is way better not easier.
Old 09-24-2006 | 01:50 PM
Black Nugget
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Joe, anything that Checkered Flag sells I can help you out with. It's obvious there is no way we'll be able to eat that $8k negative, but I'll do what I can to minimize it as much as possible. Just let me know.
Old 09-24-2006 | 04:30 PM
ritz
Patron

Oh yeah she and I both know that if she trades it in she's gonna have some negative equity, but 8K IMO is a bit much.
Old 09-24-2006 | 04:37 PM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Sounds like you need it to "dispear"
Old 09-24-2006 | 04:39 PM
ritz
Patron

Yeah that or disappear, which ever one is easier.

Quick Reply: Need advice on some dealerships.