Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Got in a car accident and need some advice.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Dmac
c'mon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold
Default Got in a car accident and need some advice.

Well 2 days ago I was making a left turn and my civic was hit by an Escalade. Now, when I was coming up to the turn the green arrow turned yellow right before I was about to turn and turned red during the turn. But, when I was almost done with the turn the Escalade hit my rear and my car did a 180. When the cop came he said I was supposed to yield to other cars but, I thought when you have an arrow the cars coming on the oppsite side are supposed to be stopped. So i'm assuming that he wasn't paying attention and hit me. He apparently had a witness that was behind him and said I was stopping and going (wtf). I didn't get a ticket (yet)but I think my car is done for. Till I can upload my pics im gonna post one up of another as a reference.

My car looks like this one except it was an older model coupe and the damage was more toward the rear. The only thing that happened to the Escalade was that his bumper was scratched then, after he got out he called my car a pos Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu
Default Re: Got in a car accident and need some advice.

dunno man, that's a tough call. if you have a turn light, but the opposite has a green, then you would have to yield to them if you're crossing their path. if their's was still red, then turned green while you were completing the turn, then it might be more leaning towards his fault.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:09 PM
LSPinoy
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

draw a picture in paint
Old 10-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Dmac
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
dunno man, that's a tough call. if you have a turn light, but the opposite has a green, then you would have to yield to them if you're crossing their path. if their's was still red, then turned green while you were completing the turn, then it might be more leaning towards his fault.
It was a green arrow so that means that their light had to have been red.

Originally Posted by LSPinoy
draw a picture in paint
ill prob have pics up tom. gotta get someone to drive me to the tow place:[
Old 10-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Rosco The Iroc
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

I was about to turn and turned red during the turn
If your light was red, they no longer have to stop, your the reason we need the red light camaras again. Sure he called the car a POS and not you?
Old 10-13-2006, 05:25 AM
99formulam6
its not a trans am..

99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6

even if the arrow turned red while you were in mid-turn...it still takes a few seconds for the opposing traffic's light to turn green.

If you were making a left hand turn and he was opposite you, going straight...then he shouldnt have even been moving if the incident happened as you described..

well, you hit the turn during the yellow light, and it turned red while you were turning....im not sure about the laws here, but i know in some places, as long as you hit the light while its yellow, youre good. But this is Va....and its probably different.

if i were you, i wouldve said you had a green light, and it turned yellow while you were in it...instead of saying it was yellow and turned red while you were in it.

either you only caught the yellow light for a split second and it basically turned red immediately as you started to turn...or he jumped the green light and smashed into you..
Old 10-13-2006, 05:49 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Go time the lights
Old 10-13-2006, 06:38 AM
WishIHadaSilvia
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

The law states in VA that as long as your rear wheels pass the solid white line before the yellow light turns red then it is not running a red light...or so says the driving manual, I'd be surprised to hear that is how it actually works in the real world.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Dmac
c'mon

Originally Posted by Rosco The Iroc
If your light was red, they no longer have to stop, your the reason we need the red light camaras again. Sure he called the car a POS and not you?
It turned red DURING the turn and I wish they had those cameras again : /
Old 10-13-2006, 06:57 AM
pedro 2.0
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
The law states in VA that as long as your rear wheels pass the solid white line before the yellow light turns red then it is not running a red light...or so says the driving manual, I'd be surprised to hear that is how it actually works in the real world.
That's true, but we all know how fucked VA's legal system is when it comes to driving.

Quick Reply: Got in a car accident and need some advice.