Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

flacopower screwed me over

Old 11-26-2006 | 01:59 PM
fourdoors
more whores

fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors
Default flacopower screwed me over

i purchased a bike from him 3 months ago and he gave me a bill of sale but no title cause he said that i could just get a new title from the dmv ...is there anyway for me to get the title now that ive owned the bike for 90 days???
Old 11-26-2006 | 03:16 PM
Bustadust
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Re: flacopower screwed me over

yea show DMV your bill of sale and hope that bike wasnt reported stolen
Old 11-26-2006 | 03:23 PM
fourdoors
more whores

fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors fourdoors

so i should be able to get a new title as long as the bike wasnt reported stolen
Old 11-26-2006 | 03:48 PM
sleeper4g63
Registered Member

sleeper4g63 has disabled reputation

he treated me good on my transactions with him, but you know how people can be, on the title issue, he is going to have to go to dmv and get a new title if he was the last name on the title, it will cost 40 bucks, which he should pay, or you might have to pull a mechanical lean on it if he won't go to dmv if he is trying to dodge you
Old 11-26-2006 | 04:09 PM
ws6formula50
Registered Member

ws6formula50 is an unknown quantity at this point

if theres a lien on it, it has to be paid off before they will reissue the title, might be why he didnt give you one. But who knows
Old 11-26-2006 | 04:17 PM
fourdoors
more whores

he wont even answer my calls or anything and he said there was no lien on it but i dunno what else to do how exactly do i get a mechanics lien on it
Old 11-26-2006 | 04:37 PM
ws6formula50
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fourdoors
he wont even answer my calls or anything and he said there was no lien on it but i dunno what else to do how exactly do i get a mechanics lien on it

Not positive, but you may have to have a shop or be employed by one to get a mechanics lien. Might want to try and find out. Id call the DMV with the VIN and see if it has a lien or anything else reported on it. May have to take him to court to get either your money back or something.
Old 11-26-2006 | 07:39 PM
s13nnva23
what you lookin at?

s13nnva23 has disabled reputation

why not report it as an abandoned vehicle and get a title that way? thats what i did with my chevt pickup i got...just said it was sitting around and noone claimed it so i got a title form the dmv for it as an abandond vehicle.
just my 2 cents but its also worth a shot even if the guy wont get back to you.
Old 11-27-2006 | 02:07 AM
ws6formula50
Registered Member

Originally Posted by s13nnva23
why not report it as an abandoned vehicle and get a title that way? thats what i did with my chevt pickup i got...just said it was sitting around and noone claimed it so i got a title form the dmv for it as an abandond vehicle.
just my 2 cents but its also worth a shot even if the guy wont get back to you.
thats a good idea. Not sure about here, in MO you have to send a registered letter and have some other letter signed by a police officer saying where it was sitting and yada yada