Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

(804) Midas on West Broad

Old 11-29-2006 | 04:28 PM
Nate02ep3
Registered Member

Nate02ep3 has disabled reputation
Angry (804) Midas on West Broad

Just a heads up to the Richmond community about this shop.

My girlfriend took her car to the Midas on West Broad/Hungary Springs to get her brakes done. They told her that they were running a special and would throw in a free basic car check up (check fluids/top them off), Lube chassis, ect...

Once she got off of work she goes to pick up her car, pays her bill and is throughly pleased with the friendly service that was provided.

15 minutes later...

I get a call at work, HONEY, MY CAR IS ON FIRE!!!!!

So im like WTF?!... I leave work and meet her at home to find the car smoking like a factory. I pop the hood and notice that the radiator cap was missing. Her car had overheated to the point of her headlight melting and the paint on the inside of her hood bubbling. She even burned the fuck out of her arm when she tried to open the hood before I arrived.

I call midas...They say that "Shit we forgot to put your cap back on" Drive it back to us and we will fix it...well we said fuck that and got it towed over. They refill the coolant and replace the cap and try to send us on our way. We leave and notice that the car is missing, has a raspy sound "sounds like her car has a massive intake on it but is stock" and her car doesnt pick up speed at all anymore.

We return it and call the Midas 1-800-number...we get the number of the Franchise owner and for 3 days now, he tells us that the car is completly fine, that we are trying to get over, wont pay for her rental car, the car still smells like its burning when its turned on...ect.

My girlfriend works at a law firm as a paralegal and just started the legal process against them.

Just letting you guys know, dont go to that Midas for anything, mistakes happen and I understand that, but they wont own up to their mistakes and get real nasty with you fast.

Nate.
Old 11-30-2006 | 08:05 PM
mechfan81
Registered Member

mechfan81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (804) Midas on West Broad

nice. a overheated and melted car. they say its ok.

that must be the midas touch!
Old 12-01-2006 | 08:16 AM
grkgyro87
Registered Member

grkgyro87 has disabled reputation

free car check up with a very costly price... that sux
Old 12-01-2006 | 11:35 AM
streetlamp
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

My friend got his brakes changed there once and I believe inspected, no problems but yea fuck that shit. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:55 AM
BAMAXXX

BAMAXXX has disabled reputation

had my oil changed there, seemed kinda shady but everything was fine in the end
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:58 AM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

i never go to midas...and i never will.
Old 01-02-2007 | 10:09 AM
dru
GUIBO!?

dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru

Lol..

http://www.midas.com/products/cooling.aspx
Old 06-18-2007 | 01:13 AM
yung_wallace
SLOWWWWW B5

yung_wallace has disabled reputation

I went there one time with my integra to get my oil change cuz i was too lazy to do it they try to tell me that my car needs like new tires and and my car is smoking i was like bitch is my car i know what it needs i will never go to them ever again they always try to fuck you over
Old 07-07-2007 | 07:26 AM
Excel Auto
GO GO GODZILLA!

Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto

Actually, each Midas is individually owned. So a shady shop, is the way that the owner or management runs it, not the entire franchise. We pay royalties for just the 'Midas' name, pretty much the advertising and all that shit.

So please don't think all shops are shady, it's the individual shops, owner or techs.

I'm not talking on behalf of the Midas mentioned in the OP, I'm just a GM at another Midas in NOVA, and think it's bullshit when people reference a bad experiance at one location to every shop in the franchise.
Old 07-08-2007 | 04:00 AM
TheGentleArt
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

Originally Posted by gi_s00l
Actually, each Midas is individually owned. So a shady shop, is the way that the owner or management runs it, not the entire franchise. We pay royalties for just the 'Midas' name, pretty much the advertising and all that shit.

So please don't think all shops are shady, it's the individual shops, owner or techs.

I'm not talking on behalf of the Midas mentioned in the OP, I'm just a GM at another Midas in NOVA, and think it's bullshit when people reference a bad experiance at one location to every shop in the franchise.
Well that shop is representing that name, so it is not bullshit when people stir away from them in general when they have a bad experience. The whole point of opening a franchise is to have that companies reputation get you customers, so if one person is turning out shotty work, then yeah it effects all the other business's and should, to put the pressure on you and the Franchiser to weed out the shitty shops and uphold their name to a quality standard.

In general all car shops do less then par work IMO, not just midas, dealerships too. You usually have a mechanic who doesn't really like his job, isn't really concerned about you, or your situation, and they work by the job, the faster they get it done the more money they make. Example, engine swap, pays 8 hours, if he can get it done in 2 hours, he will have 6 hours to do other jobs, yet still get paid the original 8 on top of it. So they tend to cut corners, and rush through to keep the hours racking up.

Ive met one mechanic who really takes the time to do a decent job, so ill continue to go to him. My advise is if you can't do much work your self (me) lol, then get someone you know to do the work who can, a friend is a lot less likely to cut corners and fuck you over.

Quick Reply: (804) Midas on West Broad