Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

i'm a sorry bastard-i went wuss mode on the Z

Old 05-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Wagz
That thing i do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wagz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i'm a sorry bastard-i went wuss mode on the Z

and got a tow vehicle for her!

After much help from Z & 540 friends on some good choices and their experiences i decided to look for a 2 door tahoe (92-96 range).

After calling on 8 ads i found all w/in 300 miles of here i found only 2 that werent sold. The first was a 95 w/ 120k miles and no tow pkg and nothing special other than 4x4 and he wanted $7800 b/c thats what he owed on it...mind you blue book was about 5800 for that car from private party.

So the next ad i found that was available for sale was a 96 Z71 Tahoe Package w/ 134k miles on it, grey leather, 4x4, tow package, stock chrome rims, flowmaster exhuast, grill gaurd. He said it was in very good shape other than the carpeting in the interior - since it was the light grey he said he would honeslty recommend it being replaced and that was abotu the only issue.

I then ran a carfax which was basically clean (had a front end accident back in 98) and had LRD VDR run the GM service history on her and it came back clean as well.

So i hauled my g/f and i out to Raliegh NC yesterday to pick her up. She is in nice shape, but he was right, i'm going to redo the entire interior carpeting. But she was strong as hell and drove great. I had my g/f drive her home for the 3.5hr trip doing between 65-105mph most of the way and she said the car drove and handled extremly well.

Tuesday i took her to my Z mechanic for a thorough look over....found that she has basically brand new pads and rotors but we are going to do a tranny flush and fill and new filter, oil change, new rear grease, headlight alignment, and thats about it.

She has no leaks, no tranny slip, basically nothing wrong w/ her and is still strong as hell. I also just took her by my bodyshop guy to give me an estimate to paint her to match the Z's new color and he's going to do her for $800 bucks (doesnt include engine bay)!

So in about 2 weeks she'll go in for a matching paint job to match the Z and next week i have her going in to my upholstry guys to do all new black carpeting and black headliner to replace the nasty stained out light grey crap that was in there.

Just picked her up from having a ton of "maintenance/check up/tune up stuff" done and she runs like a champ.

Here she is:

now to just find a nice dual axle trailer and thinking about a mild lift on her as well w/ some nice BFG all terrains & new rims......we'll see.

but if u see a girl driving it around town..........no flirting allowed - thats my woman!! hehe
Old 05-30-2003, 10:33 AM
JKim
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

man, i should change this forum to "What kinda car will wagz buy tomorrow?" LoL

j/k. anyways.. what made you get a tahoe? i mean...i know 2 different familes who have them and "like a rock" is hardly the term i would use to desribe them.

nice suv though, wish i had a gas gusler of my own to pimp....
Old 05-30-2003, 10:50 AM
weavil
Jerome LeBanner Fan

weavil has disabled reputation

Shoulda gotten a Jeep. Sorry I'm a Jeep fiend, I had to say it. Tahoe does look nice though.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Wagz
That thing i do!

Originally posted by weavil
Shoulda gotten a Jeep. Sorry I'm a Jeep fiend, I had to say it. Tahoe does look nice though.
g/f wanted a jeep - but i personally dont care for them and i wanted a strong V8 that would pull the Z and a dual axle trailer w/o straining.

this was basically perfect for my needs - got enough room but not as big as a 4 door or burban, has a strong 350 vortex v8, came w/ tow pacakge and 4x4 and fully loaded for a good price.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:11 AM
Wagz
That thing i do!

Originally posted by FutureProspect
man, i should change this forum to "What kinda car will wagz buy tomorrow?" LoL

j/k. anyways.. what made you get a tahoe? i mean...i know 2 different familes who have them and "like a rock" is hardly the term i would use to desribe them.

nice suv though, wish i had a gas gusler of my own to pimp....
i wanted a big strong V8 - imports dont offer shit for that especially that is slightly dated and can be had for a good price.......next i personally hate ford w/ a passion and vowed to never own another ford.........and everyone i spoke w/ said the tahoe/suburban/yukon etc are all awesome tow vehichles.

plus its the 2 door so not as big and "boat like" as a suburban but at the same time has enough room for me, g/f, dog, luggage, supplies to go to meets and shows while at the same time having plenty of power to tow the Z on a dual axle trailer.

everyone i spoke w/ swore by these suv's for the needs i have and specified its a bullet proof engine and easy/cheap to work on. I just had it fully maintenced (tranny flushed/filled/filtered, oil, radiator flush fill, head light alignment, new rear grease, rotors/brakes checked/turned, etc etc) and she's in great driving shape. Very strong and drove great on the 3.5hr drive back from Raliegh w/ her.

I also hate pick ups and didnt want to go that route ..... so again this was almost a perfect choice. I will let the g/f drive it till i need it for shows/meets/towing
Old 05-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Rguy
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

If i spot it on the road, and there is a girl driving....If she is anything like the girls from that website of yours awhile back, you might have another stain on that carpet.

Rguy, who has been drinking tonight...