Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My stock block GSR dyno chart...

Old 12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1
Default My stock block GSR dyno chart...

Stock jdm GSR Block

GSR head (stock, no port, nothing)
Skunk 2 Stage 2 Cams, springs and retainers w/ skunk2 cam gears
Skunk2 IM and TB
RC310s, AEM fuel rail and FPR
Rage header, t1r test pipe, buddy club spec 2 catback
Tuned by grey at millennium

193hp/128tq

It's not 400hp....But I was really happy considering the setup.

Last edited by tecnic1; 12-20-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:22 AM
boyband
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband
Default Re: My stock block GSR dyno chart...

LOL. And you *still* have no torque. That's why I hate Hondas so much.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:25 AM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Originally Posted by taz757
LOL. And you *still* have no torque. That's why I hate Hondas so much.
yeah...that shit is almost humorous...
Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

damn nice numbers,thats about what im hoping for with my gsr setup on the stock block , hoping to make more if the itb setup goes well. good job again man.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:50 AM
IEAT50S
zOMG street racers!!

IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S

Not bad, how much was eveything all together? seems like a pretty simple setup with some stout numbers for a N/A honda.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:58 AM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Originally Posted by IEAT50S
Not bad, how much was eveything all together? seems like a pretty simple setup with some stout numbers for a N/A honda.
I bought the car with this setup. I just added the header/exhaust and got it tuned.....

On a totally unrelated note..I was really happy with grey/millennium and the tune they did. I know they get beat up a lot on here, but they did a great job.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Dang Yo
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

not bad at all for a stock block. your TQ numbers are kinda low.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Based on the setup, I'd say the cams are for high RPM, the throttle body and manifold are making you lose flow velocity down low, and you need to raise your rev limit if you want to make the most of that setup. It's a nice setup, just a bit optimized for high RPM power, not lower end torque.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 12-20-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Based on the setup, I'd say the cams are for high RPM, the throttle body and manifold are making you lose flow velocity down low, and you need to raise your rev limit if you want to make the most of that setup. It's a nice setup, just a bit optimized for high RPM power, not lower end torque.
sorta what I had been thinking since I first started thinking about buying the car....

If I had chosen the cams, I would have picked a cam with a little better (I want to say bigger, but I don't think that would be 100% accurate) primary lobe, and I'm not sure if I would have used this intake manifold.

As far as raising the rev limit, it just didn't make any power up there. With more compression and or displacment it would probibly wail up there, but the dyno confirmed what my butt was feeling (the old tune went to 9100) and we were not making any more power past 8800...

I think I'm going to build a block once I get the suspension sorted out.

I never expected to make much torque...After owning my STi, anything less then 250ft/lbs feels equally shitty anyway.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by tecnic1
sorta what I had been thinking since I first started thinking about buying the car....

If I had chosen the cams, I would have picked a cam with a little better (I want to say bigger, but I don't think that would be 100% accurate) primary lobe, and I'm not sure if I would have used this intake manifold.

As far as raising the rev limit, it just didn't make any power up there. With more compression and or displacment it would probibly wail up there, but the dyno confirmed what my butt was feeling (the old tune went to 9100) and we were not making any more power past 8800...

I think I'm going to build a block once I get the suspension sorted out.
Well, it's behaving predictably then, which is good. With stock head ports and valves, and that higher flowing TB and IM, you're most likely having flow choke problems through the head, along with low velocity into the ports. Sounds like you have a nice build plan though, should be fun. After that STi, you should cut your losses and do a nice small ball bearing turbo setup to compliment your mods so far, something like a GT28R (not -RS) would be manic on that engine.

Quick Reply: My stock block GSR dyno chart...