Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

8.8 rear end ?'s

Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 AM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default 8.8 rear end ?'s

I have a 94 ford f150 xlt it has 4x4 ,well i just got a new 8.8 rear end cause mine broke. anyway my friends installed it for me. well my dash light is on for the abs i dont know whats wrong if the rear end has ti or not. it probally dont. but also this rear end doesnt have the speedometer hook up, so i dont have a speedometer. also my overdrive light is blinking on and off i dont know why, i need some help with that. also im not sure if this rear end is for a 4x4 vehicle or what gears are in it, but they say it has 3.55 gears in it, i dont know if it will work with my 4x4 and not tear up my trabnsfer case, i just dont want to put it in 4x4 and it break so in neeed somme help.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:34 PM
10seclx
Registered Member

10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx
Default Re: 8.8 rear end ?'s

speedo will be in the trans. the abs light crawl under it and make sure it is pluged in and or is installled on the top of the rear end.
the blinking od light no clue
Old 01-08-2007, 04:05 PM
FATBITCH
i love boost

FATBITCH is an unknown quantity at this point

no wrong the 8.8 had the speedo on the differental.. its a ring thats why is suck when you try and up grade... i have the same truck and found all this out...
Old 01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
broncomx
Registered Member

broncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond reputebroncomx has a reputation beyond repute

on the 87 thru 92 8.8's the speedo hook up was not in the rear end from 93 on they were. So that is the problem your gonna have.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:56 AM
dialdin
Registered Member

dialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond repute

yeah all 93 and up ford trucks speedomoeters were ran into the transmission thats why people have such hard times when they want to put 9 inches in the rear of them but u prolly have a rear end out of and older model which is ok because junkyards want so much for ur body style 8.8
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 AM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

okay so the hook up for the speedometer is on top of the dif case, above the driveshaft, but why wouldnt the rear end have abs i know it is from before 93. Does the rear end have to do with abs? i thought the brakes only did. Also how do i find out if this rear end will work with my front, i hear that you will tear up ur transfer case if the rear end isnt in sync with the front end? im nopt to sure i just dont wanna fuck up my shit when i put it in 4x4. i havnt yet just in case. And yes the od light im worried about that it starts to blink when i guess it kicks in to overdrive, because if im at idle it doesnt blink when i start it, but when i get going it dont stop
Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM
dialdin
Registered Member

dialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond reputedialdin has a reputation beyond repute

if they told u it had a 355 gear then it will be the same for the front and u will be ok i deal with trucks all the time i know alot of shit
Old 01-10-2007, 07:55 AM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

does it matter what kind of rear u have to have abs?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:37 AM
StermeR
CTR Coming Soon!

i was pretty sure ithad the right gears i trust them i just wanted to make sure before i put it in 4x4 u know what i mean